Problems
Todd
2011-05-27
2013-05-28
  • Todd
    Todd
    2011-05-27

Love the app.  Thank you!

Wish list: under "edit code manually", a feature I love, would you add some mechanism to see what other missing options are available?    I am always forgetting what they are and have to go look them up in other examples.  "Terminal=true" is the main one I have to always look up.  By nice if there was some kind of pop up or a help file pop up listing them.  I wonder if writing them in with their default would work.  Or writing them in as empty (Terminal=) would work.

Many thanks,
    -T

• Marko Čičak
    Marko Čičak
    2011-05-27

The idea of having their default values put or writing them as empty (Terminal=) is nice. However, I don't know the exact list of possible properties in .desktop file (only by experience). I will try to search for some documentation on the web.

As for some popup window or perhaps combo box, it can be implemented.

• Todd
    Todd
    2011-05-28

I did not get an eMail notification of you reply.  :-(

I have been thinking about this.  I think it would be better to put in the option with the default (Terminal=false).  The reason for this is that is gives an example of both the value and the case.   For instance, is it "Terminal=yes" or "TERMINAL=1" or "Terminal=FALSE".  Stating the default removes the syntax doubt.

I am only planting the seeds here.  You are far more creative at this than me, so I will defer your judgement.  (I am sure you will AMAZE!)

Many thanks,
    -T

• Todd
    Todd
    2011-05-28

Hi Cile87,

Just for your info, I am using your app with Xfce 4.4.2 and intend on using it extensively on Xfce 4.8.x.  I am up to four customers on Linux so far (I am a consultant) plus my office.  (Unfortunately, most of my customers are on Windows due to Linux killers like Quick Books, iTunes, Adobe Suite, CCH Tax Prep, Internet Explorer , etc..)

Love the App!  Thank you!
    -T

• Marko Čičak
    Marko Čičak
    2011-05-28

Hi toddandmargo,

I will probably put the default value, just like you suggested.

Btw, about receiving e-mail notifications:
    I received all e-mail notifications of your replies. Did you check the "Monitor this" check box above Add Reply button at the bottom of page under Add a Reply section?

• Todd
    Todd
    2011-05-28

Yes, I selected "monitor this" and I am getting responses from you now.  Go figure.

-T