From: Bjørn Ove Grøtan <bgrotan@gr...> - 2008-02-27 20:44:22
The Luma project just released Luma 2.4
Changes since 2.3:
* No longer need to store bind-password in config-file.
* Password will be prompted if left blank and a binddn is set
* Added support for searchfilter in Browserplugin
* Added support for sizelimit in Browserplugin
* Fixed bug: problem saving binary attributes
* Fixed bug: Server settings dialog only supports ports up to 32767
Thanks to those of you who have bothered to send us bugreports.
Also thanks to those of you providing patches, they are much appreciated.
Bjørn Ove Grøtan
Luma Project Administrator
From: Michael Ströder <michael@st...> - 2008-03-02 23:50:13
Bjørn Ove Grøtan wrote:
> The Luma project just released Luma 2.4
> Changes since 2.3:
> * Password will be prompted if left blank and a binddn is set
It seems non-ASCII chars in DNs (e.g cn=Michael
Ströder,ou=Friends,dc=stroeder,dc=de) are not properly handled:
Exception in thread Thread-25:
Traceback (most recent call last):
File "/usr/lib/python2.5/threading.py", line 460, in __bootstrap
line 565, in run
line 198, in simple_bind_s
msgid = self.simple_bind(who,cred,serverctrls,clientctrls)
line 192, in simple_bind
line 97, in _ldap_call
result = func(*args,**kwargs)
UnicodeEncodeError: 'ascii' codec can't encode character u'\xf6'
in position 14: ordinal not in range(128)