Learn how easy it is to sync an existing GitHub or Google Code repo to a SourceForge project! See Demo

Close

Windows Snapshots

Windows
Rob
2013-08-27
2014-10-01
  • Rob
    Rob
    2013-08-27

Hy All!

I'm using LuckyBackup on my Ubuntu with KDE to backup my Data on OpenMediaVault. I like LuckyBackup very well and also want use it on Windows Hosts.
    In the Windows Manual (http://www.bmtsolutions.us/wiki/doku.php?id=contrib:luckybackup-win) I saw that Snapshots are not working at the moment.

Is it planned to implement this feature in next time? Maybe i can help to solve some problems...

cheers
    Roland

• Hi Roland,

thank you for the kind words as well as your offer to help.

As far as the windows port is concerned, luckybackup is under heavy development and lots of the code has already been modified.
    At the moment I would advice on only using LB (win) for testing purposes

I'm not sure about your skills, but if you managed to download the latest code from the git repo:
    https://sourceforge.net/p/luckybackup/code/ci/master/tree/
    compile it and test whatever feature you wish (even a confirmation of the basic functionality would do), would be a great help

kind regards,
    Loukas

• Rob
    Rob
    2013-08-29

Hy Loukas,

hope I'm able to help.
    I'm working on IT-Systems over 10 years, most time on Windows. I'm also able to writing vbs scripts. I few years ago also worked with vb.net (never C++).

Think to help, the best way is to compile the project on same way, can you tell me more about your ide?

kr
    Roland

• I'm actually using the same build environment that is mentioned at the bmtsolutions link

I think it would be better if we continued this conversation in private via emails:
    luckyb69@users.sourceforge.net

Roland, I really appreciate your offer to help :)

• Gregor
    Gregor
    2014-10-01

do the snapshots work if client is in windows and server is Linux?

• Hi Gregor,
    yes, the snapshots feature will work if LB runs on a linux machine