From: Robert Williamson <robbiew@us...> - 2002-10-08 19:10:01
The Linux Test Project test suite LTP-20021008.tgz has been released.
Visit our website (http://ltp.sourceforge.net) to download the latest
version of the testsuite, and for information on test results on
release candidates & stable releases of the kernel. There is also a list
of test cases that are expected to fail, please find the list at
The highlights of this release are:
- Updated the STAX LTP driver. You can now specify client and server
The ability to define how long a single test is allowed run has been
hardware information is now included in the logs for each client. The
been updated as well.
- Updated the Database Opensource Test Suite (DOTS) with added
allow the use of MySQL and PostreSQL databases, complementing the
features that allow the use of DB2, Oracle, and Sybase databases.
DOTS is now available as an on-demand test suite at the Open Source
Linux Kernel Scalable Test Platform. (http://www.osdl.org/stp)
- An additional shared memory control test has been added (shmctl04), that
the SHM_INFO command.
We encourage the community to post results, patches, or new tests on our
mailing list, and to use the CVS bug tracking facility to report problems
you might encounter. More details available at our web-site.
- Added "shmctl04" to test the SHM_INFO command ( Mingming Cao )
- Fix for improper child exit in "execve02" ( Colin Gibbs )
- Fix for "nanosleep02" to eliminate false ( Andreas Arcangeli )
- Fix for "personality01 to undef the personality( Marcus Meissner )
macro before calling personality()
- Fix for "sendfile02" that adds a waitpid() call( Susanne Wintenberger )
to guarantee child exit before the test ends
- Fix for /tools/rand_lines.c that eliminates an ( Nathan Straz )
IA64 compile time warning
- Added "shmctl04" to the "syscalls" runtest file( Paul Larson )
- Removed test 8 from "diotest4". Opening a ( Paul Larson )
directory for direct I/O is not allowed.
- Fix for PPC cross compile issues applied to: ( Paul Larson )
- Fix for "fcntl01" to allow it to run without ( Paul Larson )
predefining the file descriptors
- Fix for "readv02" to check for EINVAL on ( Paul Larson )
2.5.35 and above kernels
- Fix for "stime01" to allow the checked time to ( Paul Larson )
be off +1 second
- Fix for "writev01" to check for EINVAL on ( Paul Larson )
2.5.35 and above kernels
Robert V. Williamson <robbiew@...>
Linux Test Project
IBM Linux Technology Center
Phone: (512) 838-9295 T/L: 638-9295
Fax: (512) 838-4603