The Linux Test Project test suite has been released for the month of
NOVEMBER 2007. The latest version of the test-suite contains 3000+
tests for the Linux OS and can be found at http://ltp.sourceforge.net/.
Latest happenings in LTP can also be found at:
IRC: irc.freenode.org #ltp.
Our web site also contains other information such as:
- A Linux test tools matrix
- Technical papers
- How To's on Linux testing
- Code coverage analysis tool.
* Several Network Test Cases has been updated to be run on different
* Updated lot of Test Cases to enable them run on NFS,
* Addition of posix_fadvise, fadvise64, madvise03, sendfile64 &
sendfile04 Test Cases to LTP
* Existing code in LTP-Kdump has been enhanced to test dump on Network
and different partitions, added IA64 support to KDUMP and lots of
changes in KDUMP scripts for error correction and improvement,
* Option to generate more parsible output in HTML format has been added,
* Option to automatically mail back LTP reports has been added,
* OpenHPI 2.10.1 has been integrated to LTP,
* Updated several Test Cases for suiting to proper GPLv2 License,
Note(s) from the Maintainer:
LTP has seen heightened activity in the month of Nov 2007. Thanks for
your efforts and contributions. Steps taken to improve LTP
infrastructure in various dimensions has seen efforts becoming fruitful.
We have added HTML output and auto-mail back option this month. We will
continue to work on XML output in coming days and also evaluate and
finally integrate auto build of kernel and test to LTP in future. New
test cases will continue to get added from community and soon we will
start to investigate all existing test cases for their overall
effectiveness in functionality testing. Your support to improve LTP is
extremely essential and i am expecting more support from you on this.
We would encourage the community to post results to
patches, new tests, bugs or comments/questions to ltp-list@...,
(for New Bug(s)),
(for New Patch(s)),
(for New Feature Request(s))
Please also see the Change Log Attached (NOVEMBER 2007):
> * Option to generate more parsible output in HTML format has been added,
Can somebody help me in including some DHTML code in this script so that
we can sort the table on the fly (by the user) according to the contents
of columns ?
The idea is to sort the rows of the table according to the row
background color, so that we can display the failed ones at the
beginning and others as accordingly.
> * Option to automatically mail back LTP reports has been added,