From: Robert Williamson <robbiew@us...> - 2003-09-05 16:00:46
The Linux Test Project test suite <http://www.linuxtestproject.org> has
been released. The latest version of the testsuite contains 2000+ tests
the Linux OS. Our web site also contains other information such as: test
results, a Linux test tools matrix, an area for keeping up with fixes for
known blocking problems in the 2.5/2.6 kernel releases, technical papers
and HowTos on Linux testing, and a code coverage analysis tool.
* Updated the test coverage "galaxy map" to include all testcases
for 32bit Intel and PowerPC architectures.
* Created a device driver framework tool to allow kernel
level testing of device driver code.
* Released first version of the SLES 8 EAL 2+ Certification Test Suite.
* Made improvements that allow for a quicker overall build and install.
* Applied more bug fixes, patches, and code cleanups.
We encourage the community to post results, patches or new tests on our
mailing list and use the CVS bug tracking facility to report problems that
you might encounter with the test suite.
See ChangeLog below.
Robert V. Williamson <robbiew@...>
Linux Test Project
IBM Linux Technology Center
IRC: #ltp on freenode.irc.net
"Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm
not sure about the former." -Albert Einstein
- Corrected "-d" option for runalltests.sh ( David Smith )
- Corrected ade commands tests to allow for ( Xu Cheng
cross platform ppc64 execution. Robbie Williamson )
- Fixed compile errors for device driver ( Marty Ridgeway )
tests seen on 2.5.73 kernels and above. ( Marty Ridgeway )
- Initial drop of drivers/base code.
- Added Device Simulator Framework. ( Marty Ridgeway
Sean Ruyle )
- Removed the need to include sys/stropts.h ( Robbie Williamson )
in the syscall tests.
- Modified acct01 to use tty0 to allow for ( Paul Larson )
testing in environments without a controlling
- Modified alarm03 to allow the timer to be ( George Ansinger
rounded up to the next second. Paul Larson )
- Corrected ifdef settings for PowerPC64 by ( Robbie Williamson )
changing all __ppc64__ to __powerpc64__
- Corrected pthread id display in the float_ ( Robbie Williamson )
- Updated mc_cmds and tcpdump01 to support ( Xu Cheng
multiple interfaces. Robbie Williamson )
- Applied patches: #788275, #788323, 788727, ( David Smith )
- Updated OpenHPI testsuite. ( Kevin Gao )
- Removed the top-LTP tool from being built ( Robbie Williamson )
using `make all` or `make install`.
- Removed the open_posix and open_hpi ( Robbie Williamson )
testsuites from being built using `make all`
or `make install`.