Work at SourceForge, help us to make it a better place! We have an immediate need for a Support Technician in our San Francisco or Denver office.

Close

When do you think that the new version of Lpr

pierluc
2007-09-18
2013-05-01
  • pierluc
    pierluc
    2007-09-18

Hello, I have question, when do you think taht the new version of Lprof will be finish?

What is the list of the new things that we will have on the next version?

Will-you create a new desing for KDE4?

• Hal Engel
      Hal Engel
      2007-09-19

It will be a while before there is a new release.  LProf is undergoing some very big changes right now and things will need to get more stable before we release anything.

The list of changes from the last release is HUGE.  The next version will be far and away the most capable version of LProf ever released.  But there is way too much to go into here.  You might consider having a look at the lprof-devel email list archives.  We send CVS updates to this email list and all of the updates have a comment that says what the code change does.

We will migrate to Qt4 at some point and it could be before the next release.

• pierluc
      pierluc
      2007-09-25

Will-you create a svg deing like that: http://www.tuxjournal.net/?p=791

I have see on this picture that the desing are create on inkscape. http://www.tuxjournal.net/wp-content/uploads/2007/09/cbj12.png

I think that I can create a svg desing on this software (It like Adobe Illustrator and I learn this software at school)

• Hal Engel
      Hal Engel
      2007-09-25

I am not sure what you are talking about because there are some things that are not English in your questions.  I think you are asking if we will be creating/using and svg (vector) format images for icons and for decorations in the application itself.

At this point there are no plans for doing this.  But if somebody were to volunteer then we could make it happen.  Most of the work doing this is creating the images.  Once these are in place it is a simple matter to change out the existing bit mapped images for vector images and to add additional images if it is appropriate. Of course this is only if Qt 3 supports it (I think it does).