Learn how easy it is to sync an existing GitHub or Google Code repo to a SourceForge project! See Demo

Close

MSVC7 How to

Help
JLKurtz
2007-12-07
2013-05-20
  • JLKurtz
    JLKurtz
    2007-12-07

The name of the file that the paths need to be changed is

log4cpp-1.0\msvc6\log4cppDLL.vcproj

Once the proper paths were assigned, I encountered a problem with the mc.exe. Visual studio is using MC.Exe instead of mc.exe. This is the error message

MC: may only specify one message file to compile.
    Microsoft (R) Message Compiler  Version 1.12.2505
    Copyright (c) Microsoft Corporation. All rights reserved.
    usage: MC [-?aAcdnosuUvw] [-m maxmsglen] [-h dirspec] [-e extension] [-r dirspec] [-x dbgFileSpec] filename.mc

I am using Visual Studio 2005 and can update if that makes a difference

• BaZ
      BaZ
      2007-12-14

Hi,

Using the msvs7 folder solves a lot of problems. Using the msvs7 folder, I also encountered the "MC: may only specify one message file to compile. " error. Try choosing the "Debug" configuration instead of "Debug with Boost" and compiling is no problem anymore (what is "Boost"?).

Two problems remain:

1. A compile problem occurs in the append member function of PatterLayout.cpp with the usage of localtime. Change it into "std::localtime", use the "currentTime" as pointer and the problem is gone.

2. The testDLL won't compile (unresolved external symbols). I think that project or program is not properly configured for using a DLL. Test programs using the library are working fine.

Kind regards,

BaZ

• BaZ
    BaZ
    2007-12-10

Hi,

I encountered the same problems. I also found that there exists a MSVS7 folder but that is not included in the package (I don't know why). It should be possible to download the folder via CVS. I haven't tested that yet.

BaZ

• Chandan.R
    Chandan.R
    2008-04-19

Yes that helped. Thanks.