Dead Project?

2008-09-23
2013-05-20
  • Kelly Hassey
    Kelly Hassey
    2008-09-23

Despite a release in September 2007, this project does seem like its dying. The main page looks like it doesn't really get updated, and there are a lot of bugs that haven't been touched in tracker. Is this project alive?

• Kelly Hassey
      Kelly Hassey
      2008-09-23

Just want to add that I do appreciate this project - its the best c++ port of log4j available - just a commenting on how its perceived by some in case its useful.

• Kelly Hassey
    Kelly Hassey
    2009-02-16

Maybe its time to fork log4cpp... Any takers?

• darkangel
      darkangel
      2009-02-16

And what will be a goal for a fork?

• From the concept and API it seems a good project. I am fiddling around a bit with it at the moment, but I'm hesitant to use it in a project since it does not seem to be alive anymore indeed. The project mailing list is barely active, though I have seen an occasional message in the past year.

Do you think a fork will be necessary? Perhaps the maintainer will accept to transfer ownership? To whom in that case?

It does not compile out of the box anymore. From the open bugs, patches and feature requests it seems there might be a lot to be done here, though a lot of the items reference older versions.

• darkangel
        darkangel
        2009-05-01

Okay. Project does have problems in low activity in bug/patch side. That is not a problem, I think. That not require to do fork. Just to do a right things, as other project does. So I will try to look on patch section and do something with it.