Bagger - maintaining time-date stamp

2012-05-14
2013-05-28
  • Susan McClure
    Susan McClure
    2012-05-14

Hi - I am creating bags for data transfer but note that the process alters the timestamp of the files.  Is there a setting I'm missing.  It is crucial that we maintain the original dtestamp of the bagged data. 

Thanks,
    Susan

• Anonymous
    2012-08-20

Hello,

The short answer is no, we don't have an option you can pass during bagging to preserve the file modification timestamp, however depending on your platform, we might be able to make this enhancement. It would be a useful option to have (or maybe it should be the default behavior).

What platform (operating system) are you running on? Are you using BagIt library or Bagger? Also, I assume you're using the "baginplace" command / feature?

Thanks
    Rosie

• Anonymous
    2012-12-03

Hello

I'm having a similar issue to Susan with the created/modified information of bagged files. I'm using the Bagger "create new bag" option in Windows XP.

I have noticed that using Bagit from the command line only alters the date modified rather than both date created and date modified. But it's important that all of this information is maintained and if there's any way to do that, I'd be grateful for some advice.

Thanks,

Geoff