From: Robert Jonsson <robert.jonsson@da...> - 2004-04-16 08:18:33
This mail is to inform you that the first prerelease of MusE 0.7 is available
People are encouraged to test this as much as possible. MusE 0.7 has received
a huge amount of new functionality (It has been in development for almost six
months), but still stability is the primary goal to achieve. If you find any
issues, enter them in the bug-system
(http://sourceforge.net/tracker/?group_id=93414&atid=604222) or report them
back to the mailinglist.
* Lots of performance improvements
- Internal redesign leading to realtime performance greatly improved
- Softsynth interface redesigned for better performance
* MusE now is always a Jack application
- Interface to jack extended greatly
- support for jack transport (both master and slave)
- freewheeling mode for mixdown etc...
* Audio functionality extended in
- Mixer merged with midi-mixer
- Audio routing redesigned
- New types of generic 'tracks' Input/Output/Aux/Group/etc
- A new automation subsystem has been implemented (only volume works at the
* Configuration and customization
- lots of new dialogs are added to improve the customization options in MusE
- shortcut editor
* Editor improvements
- drum editor improved with many shortcuts
- arranger keyboard navigation and shortcuts (work in progress)
* Bugs bugs bugs
- they are all fixed :) .. oh perhaps one or two is still lurking around, if
you find them be sure to report them back here!
* Score editor is no longer available
For a full list of changes, check the Changelog
Have a look at the TODO list at
http://lmuse.sourceforge.net/wiki/index.php/TODO for a more or less complete
list of known issues with this release.
Go to the sourceforge project page at http://sourceforge.net/projects/lmuse.
In case you haven't noticed a lot is going on at the MusE homepage also, a
wiki has been installed that is being very actively updated. Do check it out!
Have fun and please report any findings.
/The MusE development team