From: Robert Jonsson <robert.jonsson@da...> - 2004-05-16 19:24:44
Here's a little tune I've been trying things on lately.
It is made entirely with MusE 0.7, nothing else is used.
(Apart from a little postproduction with Jamin etc, to crank up the levels)
- 11 midi tracks
- 2 audio tracks
- 6 fluidsynths (with 9 soundfonts loaded all in all)
- 12 ladspa plugins
- Automation used on some of the tracks.
- Approx work time 10 hrs, no crashes that I can recall.
- About 50% CPU (MusE compiled without optimization, i think fluidsynth is
always compiled with optimize though) on my AthlonXP 1700+.
I had problems earlier that stopped me from continuing, cpu was at 50% but
MusE started to show tendencies of overloading and a lot of errors where
output in the console. Today when I tried I had no such issues and could
safely add more stuff.
I started experimenting with automation, to the extent I understand how it
works...which isn't much ;)
I noted two things:
- When recording automation events it seems the old events does not get
erased. The faders went up and down like jojo's at some points.
- Fading is not click free, (which you can clearly hear at the beginning and
end of the song)
All in all it has worked pretty well.