I'm glad to announce the availability of LMMS 0.4.0 Beta1. After even the
alpha-releases worked quite well, this version has further improvements:
* switched from autotools to CMake (the biggest and best change at all)
* added SID instrument plugin (thanks to Attila Herman and Csaba Hruska)
* fixed various bugs in SF2 Player plugin
* use XML rather than binary blobs for saving plugin-/effect-keys
* initialize and use random-number-generator correctly for retrieving internal
journalling IDs - fixes lost automations
* improved painting-performance of sample-data
* removed old raw presets, tuned others and added a few new ones
* fixed Stk instrument plugin to properly detect incomplete Stk-installation
even when not displaying GUI
* added --dump parameter for easily uncompressing mmpz-files
* make sure all TCOs are shown after loading project
* properly initialize default-value of automation-pattern when linking the
* fixed TAP-LADSPA-plugins in win32-build
* fixed behaviour of automation-tracks in BB-editor
* fixed "Cut"-action on TCOs
* do not terminate silently if parsing of configuration file failed
* unified track-view appearence and behaviour
* fixed MIDI AutoDetect for controllers
* fixed various crashes
* win32-build now has a nice NSIS-installer (thanks to CMake/CPack)
If you're already using 0.4.0-alpha1/2 it's strongly recommended to upgrade to
0.4.0-beta1 as otherwise you might loose automation-data when saving projects
with the alpha-releases. Furthermore the file-format has been improved again.
Please report bugs at
The download is available at
Please don't forget about the Song Contest!
Anyways I'll be unavailable for the next two weeks as I'm on holiday. So I
hope there're no serious bugs in this release one must fix within a day...
On Thursday 07 August 2008 17:32:14 Tobias Doerffel wrote:
> Anyways I'll be unavailable for the next two weeks as I'm on holiday. So I
> hope there're no serious bugs in this release one must fix within a day...
And it indeed happened.. so everyone who had problems building 0.4.0-beta1
(i.e. missing lmmsconfig.h.in) please download the tarball again.