From: Anders K. Madsen <lillesvin@gm...> - 2007-01-05 21:32:44
Just meddled a little around with building LMMS from SVN on my Debian system...
Turns out that automake 1.4 (which was apparently the default on my
up-to-date Debian Unstable box) doesn't quite cut it. With 1.7 it went
a lot better.
Apparently, the call to "automake -ac" in Makefile.svn isn't
recognized by automake 1.4, and when changed to "automake -a -c" it
just fails later in the process (sometime during automake --- sorry,
can't remember the exact error).
When I did the steps from Makefile.svn manually (and replaced
"automake" with "automake-1.7" and "aclocal" with "aclocal-1.7") it
all went fine and I got my ./configure.
I was thinking that perhaps the build process should either be made
automake 1.4 compatible or at least a script should check for automake
Just a suggestion...
Thanks for great software! :)
"Sure! Everything looks bad if you remember it!"