Last bug-post still applies: https://sourceforge.net/p/lmms/bugs/534/
Here are a more detailed explanation:
1. I discovered that the sf2 naming is not perfect yet. If I first load in
the Chaos.sf2 then another sf2, every time I open the project that
sf2-track is always named Chaos. So its renaming itself even though its not
called "default preset".
- This problem might solve itself if you fix the first one. When I change
soundfont from Chaos.sf2 to Merlin.sf2 and save. It is still named Chaos
opening the project next time. The first name gets stuck in a way. That is
good if I had named it myself, but not when the name was autofetched. If
the name of the sounfont in lmms is the same as the name of the .sf2 file
it should rename itself.