I'm having trouble with Jamulous PLEASE SOS help I love this program

2014-05-08
2014-05-15
  • James Smith
    James Smith
    2014-05-08

I've used this before and it was working fine but for some goofy reason now, I do NOT see any servers available with I go to connect... What could that be, I'm up for any good help PLEASE. I have new pc recently and it ran on it so this is very baffling. My girlfriend lives in Netherlands and I'm in USA and we had a good time last time this worked some months back. I've updated to the latest software very recently and use the Berhinger device that is suggested on this website. I hope someone can help me I'm really anxious to get Jamulous working again so I can play my Yamaha DTX 502 electronic drums with her on her Synthisizer keyboard soon... And not sure I'm permitted to leave my email as I hope this forum sends me update if someone trys to help me but in case not but I will check back regularly so thanks for ANY help out there as I'm hoping to enjoy music again soon with her. email - fifesdog@yahoo.com (only serious inquires with knowledge please)

• Volker Fischer
    Volker Fischer
    2014-05-08

I assume you PC has internet access. Maybe it is a problem with your firewall. You could try to turn it off for a moment and see if it works then. Anpther reason might be that your internet router blocks some ports.

• James Smith
      James Smith
      2014-05-12

Hello Volker, Thanks very much for replying. I appriciate that prompt response too WOW. I will certainly look into those aspects but that port setting stuff baffles me I'm not sure how to do it really. ALthough recently we got an upgrade in our internet and we are using ATT U-Verse so yeah probably you're right. Can I contact you via email or something? My email if you care to do that so I can get this going faster perhaps is fifesdog@yahoo.com and make sure you put in heading/subject Jamulous HELP or something similar and thanks in advance, I'm gonna look into this very soon!! Yes our internet is solid and working though...

• Gronaz
    Gronaz
    2014-05-12

Jimmy, as long as you do not operate your own Jamulus server, you don't need to borrow with port forwarding stuff in your FAI's DSL modem/router. The basic principle with that kind of boxes is that replies from everything you ask (e-g you ask a connection to a web site server, a web mail server or ... e.g. ... a Jamulus server ;) ) are accepted. If you can't see the default jamulus.dyndns.org server in your Jamulus client, you may have one of these issues:
    Your box has an advanced firewall feature (check the doc and learn and ask other users/forums/support for your FAI)
    You have a firewall in your own PC with a too restrictive setting for Jamulus.
    In both these two cases, the firewall(s) must be set to accept replies from jamulus.dyndns.org. Maybe you ignore you installed an other firewall onto your PC as part of another software, frequently anti-things soft like an anti-virus. You shouldn't have 2 firewall in you PC running at the same time.

rare: jamulus.dyndns.org may be down even if it replies to ping (i.e Volker's machine is up but his Jamulus server software is stopped).

• James Smith
    James Smith
    2014-05-14

Okay thanks working on it fellas !!

• James Smith
    James Smith
    2014-05-14

I have no luck so far, this is HUGELY annoying and baffling....

• James Smith
    James Smith
    2014-05-14

Can the lead person here confirm or not whether the normal servers are down please > ? ? This is mind boggling seems it's not on my end !!

• Volker Fischer
    Volker Fischer
    2014-05-14

I just cheched, the servers are up and running. Did you try to connect jamulus.dyndns.org directly? Just click on the connect button even if the server list is empty.

• James Smith
    James Smith
    2014-05-14

Yes just tried that, and nope sigh !! I run windows professional 7 and if you need my pc specs ..... CPU: Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-3770K CPU @ 3.50GHz (3510.33 MHz)
    Memory: 16329 MB
    OS Version: Microsoft Windows 7 64-bit Service Pack 1 (Build 7601)
    Graphics Card Vendor: NVIDIA Corporation
    Graphics Card: GeForce GTX 760/PCIe/SSE2

Windows Graphics Driver Version: 9.18.0013.3523
    OpenGL Version: 4.4.0

S O S, Jim

• Gronaz
    Gronaz
    2014-05-15

8 servers listed at the moment. No matter you have an i7 or a dvorack keyboard ;).
    You'd rather try with another PC... just to check. And reread my previous post

Last edit: Gronaz 2014-05-15