Learn how easy it is to sync an existing GitHub or Google Code repo to a SourceForge project! See Demo

Close

Get Input from DAW

Bubaya
2010-07-25
2013-05-23
  • Bubaya
    Bubaya
    2010-07-25

Hi,
    I just discovered this program and I am very glad that it runs both on Windows and Linux. I also managed to establish a connection between two computers. But now I have a problem: streaming the audio from line-in to another PC is no problem (I am using ASIO4all as ASIO driver on windows). But I am working a lot with Digital Audio Workstations, VST Synthesizers and things like that. So I would like to stream my audio output to another computer. Is there a way to do this? (except for routing my line-out jack to the line-in jack)
    Best regards,
    Fabian.

• Volker Fischer
    Volker Fischer
    2010-07-26

Hi Fabian,

I use a Soundblaster sound card with the kx audio driver. This allows me to route the output from any audio application to the input of the llcon software.

I have read about a software "ReaRoute" on some web pages which should also do this but I have never tested this myself.

On Linux its very simple, JACK supports routing of audio sources/sinks by default.

Regards,
    Volker

• Bubaya
    Bubaya
    2010-07-26

Hi,
    thank you for your response. Meanwhile I've discovered that my soundcard driver supports routing all outputs back as inputs. That it's simple on Linux I've also discovered, but I did not think that the solution could be that simple for windows, too :-D
    Regards,
    Fabian.

• Peter L Jones
    Peter L Jones
    2010-10-23

I use JACK for Windows, with JackRouter as the ASIO driver that my DAW uses and my soundcard's ASIO driver as the system output from JACK.  It's a really flexible set up as JackRouter is a multiclient ASIO driver, unlike most, so you can have several DAWs, etc, linked up at the same time if you want.