Only left channel works when using kx drivers

habaskeba
2009-08-24
2013-05-23
  • habaskeba
    habaskeba
    2009-08-24

I have connected my ac97 inputs to asio0 and asio1 inputs and only get input from left channel when using llcon. I'm using the kx Asio driver and in Cubase it works in stereo. I can get stereo in llcon using Asio4All. Any ideas how to get both channels working in kx? Could this be a bug in llcon?

I've tried several version of kx and llcon with the same results.

• Chi Kim
    Chi Kim
    2009-12-04

Is that possible to pass stereo signals between clients like ninjam? I know that'd double the bandwidth, but it'd be ok if you just jam with just a couple of people. In ninjam, if someone is transmiting two channels, ninjam shows controlers for two channels (solo, mute, volume, pan) for that user. It'd be cool to accept the pan setting from the client and apply accordingly as default, if the other person don't like the setting, he/she can override it. In that way, everybody doesn't have to pan the channels hard left and hard right every time when someone connects with two channels.
    I hope you can implement this feature. Monophonic instruments like sax and voice is ok in mono, but listening to string, piano, or drum set in mono really sucks. lol

• Chi Kim
    Chi Kim
    2009-12-29

Any chance for stereo transmition to be implemented?

• Volker Fischer
    Volker Fischer
    2009-12-30

My plan is to wait for the CELT library to implement a new feature to mix audio signals without having to re-encode at the server. This shortens the delay a bit and should simplify the support for stereo in llcon.

• Volker Fischer
    Volker Fischer
    2010-03-22

Any chance for stereo transmition to be implemented?

Its in the CVS right now and will be released with the next official llcon release.

• Volker Fischer
    Volker Fischer
    2010-07-02

Stereo transmission is now supported by the current release version 3.1.1