Learn how easy it is to sync an existing GitHub or Google Code repo to a SourceForge project! See Demo

Close

Cannot find any physical capture ports

2013-02-23
2013-12-27
  • teddy sukardi
    teddy sukardi
    2013-02-23

Dear All,

When running llcon after I started qjackctl I got the error "Cannot find any physical capture ports" Any suggestion how to handle this?

• Jin
    Jin
    2013-12-24

Hi,

I have a USB guitar link with mono input, currently I can not use it with Jamulus, because Jamulus insists on stereo input. Why is stereo input a hard requirement, can't stereo input be optional?

Another question: so - it's not possible to route output from guitarix into Jamulus? Jamulus insists on physical ports... is this a limitation because of latency, meaning: I do have to connect a real amplifier to my soundcard's input? Or are there other reasons?

Just trying to understand... thanks :)

Last edit: Jin 2013-12-24
  • Volker Fischer
    Volker Fischer
    2013-12-26

Thank you for pointing me to the problem that mono input/output devices are not supported. I have fixed this issue. The latest CVS code should work now for you.

Can you please try out if the fix works for you? Just check out the latest code from the Jamulus CVS.

• Jin
    Jin
    2013-12-26

Uhh.. CVS, that has been a while hinthintgit ;) Thank you, it works with my mono usb guitar-link now!

What about further routing? I did hack your code a bit so that I can route through guitarix, that seems to work although we could not really test it because our pings on the public servers were not good enough.

• Volker Fischer
    Volker Fischer
    2013-12-27

I changed the code again. I do not fire an error message any more if no physical ports are available in the system. I simply do not make any default connection in that case. That should hopefully do the trick.

Last edit: Volker Fischer 2014-02-04
  • Jin
    Jin
    2013-12-27

Great, that works! Thank you!