libvis.wo does not load crashes

mrhed
2008-04-06
2012-09-15
  • mrhed
    mrhed
    2008-04-06

yeah libvis.wo does not load at lives startup when i try something with audio it crashes lives and i get an Floating point exception and this when i start it up i have no clue how to fix it ive compiled 3 or 4 different build and tried every libvisual library against it that i could im running an amd64 platform oh this is what i get when i start it up error loading plugin /usr/share/lives/plugins/effects/realtime/weed/libvis.wo

• mrhed
      mrhed
      2008-04-06

i managed to fix the previous thing for some reason libvis.wo make file wasnt finding my librarys i fixed it but loading audiofile still does not work i get the floating point exception crash and something else

delay of 13273.000 usecs exceeds estimated spare time of 725.000; restart ...

Floating point exception
      root@mrhed:~# subgraph starting at LiVES_audio_out timed out (subgraph_wait_fd=7, status = 0, state = Triggered)

• Salsaman
        Salsaman
        2008-04-06

It could well be related to this bug in jack:
        http://www.sound-man.co.uk/linuxaudio/jackfpexception.html

in which case you should try to upgrade your version of jack to 0.103.0 or higher.

You can also try adjusting some parameters in your ~/.jackdrc file (for example the -t parameter).

man jackd

should help. Please let me know if this information is useful.

• mrhed
          mrhed
          2008-04-08

i have the latest version of jack from cvs it stopped the crashing problem with older versions it still happens but now when try to play back audio after loading it lives just freezes indefinatly and im getting this error loading plugin /usr/share/lives/plugins/effects/realtime/weed/libvis.wo

• Salsaman
            Salsaman
            2008-04-08

Are you using the latest version of LiVES (0.9.8.10) ? There was a crash-after-playback bug which was fixed.

• mrhed
      mrhed
      2008-04-08

oh and another thing i have libvisual installed properly ldd dosent give me any errors against libvis.wo im really stuck i want more thana nyhting to use it becuase lives is amazing

• mrhed
      mrhed
      2008-04-08

well i traCED THE PROBLEM BACK T A MISSING root@mrhed:~# ldd /usr/share/lives/plugins/effects/realtime/weed/libvis.wo
      linux-vdso.so.1 => (0x00007fff575fe000)

linux-vdso.so.1 that file its missing says its onmy computer but no where to be found any idea on how to enable it in the kernel i only can find a vdso directory in the kernel tree but i dont know how to enable it if it matters or not