Building under Debian

2011-04-18
2014-10-14
  • Hi Brian,

Thanks for the tools! I'm having trouble building this under Debian. That is to say, it builds fine, but the package doesn't get created properly. Neither checkinstall nor fakeroot dpkg-buildpackage manage to create a package that actually contains the tools. I can copy the individual executables manually and they work fine.

Cheers,
    David

• Brian Lindholm
    Brian Lindholm
    2012-06-24

David,

Just in case you're checking this forum 14 months after you posted, I've just released the first Debian packages for littleutils-1.0.26.  They can be found in the littleutils-debian-i386 and littleutils-debian-amd64 folders under Files.  If you'd rather build your own packages, you can do so by renaming littleutils-1.0.26.tar.bz2 to littleutils_1.0.26.orig.tar.bz2, unpacking the tarball, changing to the littleutils-1.0.26 directory, and unpacking the littleutils_1.0.26-1.debian.tar.gz tarball found in the source directory.  This should enable you to run the dpkg-buildpackage command successfully.

• Pitoziq
    Pitoziq
    2014-09-18

Brian, there is no package gs under debian 7 on which littleutils-imageutils package depends. Was it ghostscript?

• Pitoziq
    Pitoziq
    2014-09-18

There is no debian.tar.gz file in sources also.

• Brian Lindholm
    Brian Lindholm
    2014-10-14

Yep. Package "gs" should have been "ghostscript". Gzip-compressed version of debian tarball also provided. See new uploads.