I've upgraded lplib/lprevdb.c to work with the latest sleepycat package.
I got it working with db version 4.0.14. There's another patch for the
makeincludes/Makeinclude.global. I moved the db stuff into the listproc
SRCDIR directory, so you need to extract it there, or make a symlink to
wherever you extract it to called dbm. You don't need to install it, just
move into the build_unix directory and do a ../dist/configure
--enable-shared=no && make Then move into the dbm directory and make a
symlink from build_unix/libdb.a to liblpdb.a.
*** NOTE ***
By default the db builds a shared library. I actually tried it this way,
but I couldn't get it to work. It would build, but when it loaded
the library, on my system it would load an older one from another
directory. I suppose that if I messed around with the library search
order on my system I could get it to work, but for right now I'm sticking
with the static library.
I got a fresh install with the new dbm library working. I was able to
create a few lists and subscribe and post, so it looks like it's good. I
hope you all can test it out too and let me know what you encounter!
I'm working on an INSTALL.README type of file, so new users can figure out
how to install it without pulling all their hair out. At least now they
can use the latest sleepycat package instead of searching for the old one.
My next task will be to implement autoconf so we can just do a
./configure && make && make install instead of having a bunch of different
make files for each system type.
BTW - we need to move the install.listproc and install.funcs into the
SRCDIR, and create a text.blah.tar.Z from the text dir in the installation
directory (and put that in SRCDIR too.)
Unix System Administrator
email : john@...