I've had a Hauppauge 350 card and remote for a couple of years. The
remote and card with its built-in IR receiver has worked flawlessly as
long as I've had it. In my latest mythtv upgrade, I removed the card
(sending it to the backend machine) and replaced its receiver (on the
frontend) with a homebrew serial IR receiver from irblaster.info. The
setup works, insofar as lirc gets correct signals from the remote via
the serial receiver. However, button presses are repeated. I've been
reading posting after posting online and the lirc FAQ and full
documentation trying to find a fix for this. I've tried setting
repeat and delay values in .lircrc, I've tried setting repeat and
suppress_repeat in lircd.conf. Absolutely nothing makes a difference.
I've been testing with irw and seeing the behavior there, so it's not
a mythtv problem. Somebody please tell me what I'm missing here, or
how I can further debug this. I'll be happy to provide further
information if requested.
Distribution: Ubuntu 10.10
Linux kernel: 2.6.35
lircd.conf as distributed:
one 969 811
zero 969 811
repeat 0 0
The beatings will continue until morale has improved.