From: Manuel Estrada Sainz <ranty-bulk@ra...> - 2003-03-22 16:38:43
On Wed, Mar 19, 2003 at 11:22:09AM -0500, Mark T. wrote:
> I followed your instructions (which from what I can tell are excactly what
> I've did when I originally installed the lirc packages) but still no
> results. I still get no output from irw and irrecord tells me that lirc
> isn't running.
The stuff you sent, looks good.
More stuff to check:
- bttv kernel modules should be loaded and working before anything
- Can you load the modules by hand?
- If so, check the output of 'dmesg'. If in doubt send it over
lirc_dev: IR Remote Control driver registered, at major 61
- is /dev/lirc a directory or a file?
- are you using devfs?
- If the above worked, what error does 'cat /dev/lirc/0' give?
- If it says 'Input/output error' we are progressing.
- Try 'irrecord -d /dev/lirc/0 new_conf_file'
- Make sure that lircd is not running.
I can't think of much else, try the above and report, so we can get
closer to it.
Have a nice day
--- Manuel Estrada Sainz <ranty@...>
------------------------ <manuel.estrada@...> -------------------
Let us have the serenity to accept the things we cannot change, courage to
change the things we can, and wisdom to know the difference.