Hi,

I'm having some difficulty with my homebrew serial blaster.  I'm upgrading my machine - the device works great on the old PC, but not so much on the new one.  On the new PC, if I cat a random file to the serial port, it lights up, so the hardware seems to be functional.  I can hook an IRMan receiver to the COM ports and that functions perfectly, so lirc can communicate with the serial ports.

This is not an on board port, it is a PCI card with 2 COM ports, a Roswewill RC-301.  I hope that's not an issue, and it seems OK since the IRMan succeeds and I can cat to ttyS0 and ttyS1.

Basically, I set everything up to where it looks like it should run fine, I execute an irsend, no complaints, but the transmitter doesn't light up, no code is sent.

An overview of my current process:

In terminal 1:
~$ sudo setserial /dev/ttyS1 uart none
~$ sudo modprobe lirc_serial irq=3 io=0x2f8
~$ sudo lircd -n -d /dev/lirc1 -o /dev/lircd1 /etc/lirc/lircd.conf

In terminal 2:
~$ ls -l /dev/lirc*
crw-rw---- 1 root root 61, 0 2009-02-14 14:05 /dev/lirc0
crw-rw-rw- 1 root root     0 2009-02-14 14:05 /dev/lircd
crw-rw-rw- 1 root root     0 2009-02-14 14:05 /dev/lircd1
~$ ./channel.pl 123

The response in terminal 1 is (3 numbers plus the enter button):
lircd-0.8.3[13045]: accepted new client on /dev/lircd1
lircd-0.8.3[13045]: removed client
lircd-0.8.3[13045]: accepted new client on /dev/lircd1
lircd-0.8.3[13045]: removed client
lircd-0.8.3[13045]: accepted new client on /dev/lircd1
lircd-0.8.3[13045]: removed client
lircd-0.8.3[13045]: accepted new client on /dev/lircd1
lircd-0.8.3[13045]: removed client

I've tried lirc 0.8.3 and 0.8.4, COM1 and COM2, along with dozens of other variations, all showing the same problem, successful execution from the software, but no result on the device.

I dove into the lirc code to try to see where the problem is, but everything looks good there, too.  In lirc_serial.c, the type=0, the port & irq are appropriate for COM1 or COM2 (whatever I specified). 

send_pulse_homebrew_softcarrier() is getting called, and it in turn is calling on() and off(), all looks valid.

If anybody can give me a pointer or a suggestion as to what to look into, I would be very grateful.

Thanks,

Paul


Windows Live™: E-mail. Chat. Share. Get more ways to connect. See how it works.