The enclosed lightly tested patch allows lirc to build on FreeBSD 8.1
and talk to an usb-uirt. Note that the FreeBSD uftdi driver module
needs to be patch in order to recognize the usb-uirt. The necessary
changes are logged with the FreeBSD bugs database as usb/149900.
1) Include <netinet/in.h> when compiling irsend.c.
2) Include <sys/ioctl.h> when compiling lircd.c. For simplicity you
may want to included it on all platforms rather than using the
current conditional include.
3) Mark uinputfd stuff in lircmd.c as specific to linux. I used the
same approach as had already been done for the uinputfd stuff in
4) Normalize tv in hw_uirt2_common.c mywaitfordata to avoid an
EINVAL when calling select. I used the same approach as had
already been done elsewhere in the code.
5) Also set the character size and hardware handshaking when setting
up the serial port for the usb-uirt.