Mode Relative+CoordinateTransformationMatrix

Help
Anonymous
2013-03-06
2013-04-05

• Anonymous
    2013-03-06

I have a setup of two monitors and a small Bamboo Pen&Touch that is sitting in front of my keyboard like a giant touchpad on a laptop.   It's in portrait orientation so that I can place my keyboard wrist rests comfortably on the left and right of the tablet (I have a split keyboard).  I'd like to use the tablet in relative mode because if I want a decently distortion free mapping of pen to screen, the usable tablet area would be reduced to only about a third of the tablet's height.  With

xsetwacom set "Wacom BambooPT 2FG 4x5 Pen stylus" Rotate ccw

and similar for touch and eraser I get the rotation I want, and with something like

xinput set-prop "Wacom BambooPT 2FG 4x5 Pen stylus" 'Coordinate Transformation Matrix' 1 0 0 0 3 0 0 0 1

I get a pretty distortion free mapping of pen movements to movements on the screen (i.e. if I draw a circle on the tablet, I pretty much get a circle on the screen).  However, when I switch the mode to relative, like

xsetwacom set "Wacom BambooPT 2FG 4x5 Pen stylus" Mode Relative

I have a distorted mapping again - apparently the transformation matrix isn't respected in relative mode.
    Is there a way to get undistorted mapping in relative mode?

Thanks!
    Thomas W.

• Anonymous
    2013-03-06

BTW, obviously I could do the rotation with the matrix transform instead of with "Rotate ccw" as well, but unfortunately, this still does not seem to be supported in relative mode.