Bamboo one pen v2

Alex
2011-05-07
2013-04-05
  • Alex
    Alex
    2011-05-07

I have a bamboo one pen v2 and it does not work with the 0.8.10.2 wacom module, seems the system does not recognise the tablet at all. What I found so far i that the USB ID 056a:006a Wacom Co., Ltd does not show in the alias list if you do a modinfo of wacom.ko.
    Could it be this specific model is not supported yet ? I've been searching the archive,but cannot find any reference to this model.

• Alex
    Alex
    2011-05-24

I built the latest xf86-input-wacom-0.10.9, but the tablet still does not work.
    I think I might have found the issue; in wcmUSB.c the model 0x6A is not defined. lsusb shows the device ID 056a:006a so..
    I tried to change the 0x69 model in the wcmUSB.c to 0x6A and recompile, but that didn't work. My programming skills (if any) end there.
    Anybody any ideas how to proceed ?

• Favux
    Favux
    2011-05-25

You have the right idea.  There are two new Bamboo Ones that are out now and have not yet been added to the drivers.  The 006a and the 006b.

First you need to add your model to the wacom.ko, which is the usb kernel driver/module.  That would be in the wacom_wac.c file.  Then add it to the X driver xf86-input-wacom's wcmUSB.c.  If you are interested in helping to add your model to the driver please answer the following questions.

What distribution are you using and what kernel does it use?  The latest xf86-input-wacom is 0.11.0+.

To add your model we need to know a little more about its specifications.  As far as I know it is a tablet without any buttons or scroll wheels or touch rings, etc.  Is that correct?  Also the stylus has two side buttons (a rocker switch) and no eraser.  Is that correct?  Then we need to know what is the active area of the tablet according to Wacom.  I'm guessing roughly 4x5 inches, but we need the exact dimension.  Also the resolution and pressure levels.  If you have a link to that, that would be good.

And what is the model number on the back of the tablet?  Also does Wacom call it a Bamboo One or Bamboo 1.  In other words what is the exact description they use.

• Alex
    Alex
    2011-05-26

I'd really like to help to add this model to the driver, I've already seen some other people trying to get it working on Linux, so it may benefit some others.

I'm running mint 10, based on Ubuntu Maverick with kernel 2.6.35-22.
    The model specs are not on the wacom website odd enough (or well hidden), I purchased it on ibood: http://www.ibood.com/ie/en/product_specs/5296/Wacom_Bamboo_One_Pen_V2design_tablet__the_only_limit_is_your_own_imagination/

You are correct, there are no buttons on the tablet and the stylus only has a rocker switch and no eraser.
    The active area of the tablet is 147.6 x 92.25 mm (5.811*3.63 Inches). Aspect Ratio: 16:10
    Resolution 1040 dpi.
    1024 pressure levels.

Model on the tablet: Bamboo One (CTE-460)
    They call it a Wacom Bamboo One Pen V2

Let me know if you need any further information or testing, I'd be happy to assist!

• Favux
    Favux
    2011-05-27

Great!  Here goes…hoping I've got things right.

Since you have Mint I've linked you to HOW TO's in the Ubuntu forums rather than the equivalents at the mediawiki.  I hope you don't mind.  I also have the stuff for the 0x6B.  You can either use it or ignore it.

Use Part I to compile input-wacom-0.11.0 in the Bamboo P&T HOW TO.  After you've unpacked the downloaded tar stop and do the following.

Go into the input-wacom-0.10.11/2.6.30 folder and open the wacom_wac.c file and at line 1288 add/enter these two lines:

static const struct wacom_features wacom_features_0x6A =
        { "Wacom Bamboo1 4x6", WACOM_PKGLEN_GRAPHIRE,  14760,  9225,  1023, 63, GRAPHIRE };
    or
    static const struct wacom_features wacom_features_0x6B =
        { "Wacom Bamboo1 6x8", WACOM_PKGLEN_GRAPHIRE,  21648, 13530,  1023, 63, GRAPHIRE };

Make sure your indentation is the same as the code's, that's important.  You're inserting it so the finished product looks like:

static const struct wacom_features wacom_features_0x69 =
        { "Wacom Bamboo1",        WACOM_PKGLEN_GRAPHIRE,   5104,  3712,  511, 63, GRAPHIRE };
    static const struct wacom_features wacom_features_0x6A =
        { "Wacom Bamboo1 4x6",    WACOM_PKGLEN_GRAPHIRE,  14760,  9225, 1023, 63, GRAPHIRE };
    or
    static const struct wacom_features wacom_features_0x6B =
        { "Wacom Bamboo1 5x8",    WACOM_PKGLEN_GRAPHIRE,  21648, 13530, 1023, 63, GRAPHIRE };
    static const struct wacom_features wacom_features_0x20 =
        { "Wacom Intuos 4x5",     WACOM_PKGLEN_INTUOS,    12700, 10600, 1023, 31, INTUOS };

With gedit to enable the line numbers go to Edit > Preferences > and check the box in front of 'Display line numbers' in the View tab.

Next go to line 1440 (was 1438 ) and add this line:

{ USB_DEVICE_WACOM(0x6A) },
        { USB_DEVICE_WACOM(0x6B) },

so it looks like:

{ USB_DEVICE_WACOM(0x69) },
        { USB_DEVICE_WACOM(0x6A) },
    or
        { USB_DEVICE_WACOM(0x6B) },
        { USB_DEVICE_WACOM(0x20) },

Save your changes.  That should take care of the wacom.ko.  Go ahead and finish compiling and installing it.  That just leaves the X driver.

Now use part II. c) of the Bamboo Pen and Touch HOW TO to clone xf86-input-wacom (the X driver).  Before you run the line:

./autogen.sh --prefix=/usr

go into the xf86-input-wacom folder into the /src directory.  Open the wcmUSB.c file in a text editor and after line #244 add this line:

{ WACOM_VENDOR_ID, 0x6B, 100000, 100000, &usbBamboo     }, /* Bamboo1 4x5 */
    or
        { WACOM_VENDOR_ID, 0x6B, 100000, 100000, &usbBamboo     }, /* Bamboo1 6x8 */

so it looks like:

{ WACOM_VENDOR_ID, 0x65, 100000, 100000, &usbBamboo     }, /* Bamboo */
        { WACOM_VENDOR_ID, 0x69,  39842,  39842, &usbBamboo1    }, /* Bamboo1 */
        { WACOM_VENDOR_ID, 0x6A, 100000, 100000, &usbBamboo     }, /* Bamboo1 4x5 */
    or
        { WACOM_VENDOR_ID, 0x6B, 100000, 100000, &usbBamboo     }, /* Bamboo1 6x8 */
        { WACOM_VENDOR_ID, 0xB0, 200000, 200000, &usbIntuos3    }, /* Intuos3 4x5 */

Save and close that file.  I don't think we need to make any changes to the wcmValidateDevice.c file.  So finish compling by running the autogen line etc. and rebooting.

With luck it should be working.

In addition to testing things if it works diagnostics that would be helpful would be the output of xinput list and xsetwacom list entered in a terminal.  And it would also help to look at the Xorg.0.log and make sure everything looks good.  That's in /var/log.

• Favux
    Favux
    2011-05-27

Alright in the first two code boxes some of the longer line got code wrapped to a new line.  You should be able to figure that out by context when working in the source code and make sure that it is the correct way in the actual source code file.

• Alex
    Alex
    2011-05-28

Works !
    Great, thanks for you help!

One remark, for people who want to use this guide;  the line numbers you mentioned for wacom_wac.c are not correct, it's 1318 and 1467. -Just use common sense and add the changes after the lines for 0x69.

The output you requested:
    $ xinput list
    ⎡ Virtual core pointer                    id=2
    ⎜   ↳ Virtual core XTEST pointer              id=4
    ⎜   ↳ Logitech USB-PS/2 Optical Mouse         id=8
    ⎜   ↳ Wacom Bamboo1 4x6 stylus                id=9
    ⎜   ↳ Wacom Bamboo1 4x6 eraser                id=11
    ⎜   ↳ Wacom Bamboo1 4x6 cursor                id=12
    ⎣ Virtual core keyboard                   id=3
        ↳ Virtual core XTEST keyboard             id=5
        ↳ Power Button                            id=6
        ↳ Power Button                            id=7
        ↳ AT Translated Set 2 keyboard            id=10

$ xsetwacom list
    Wacom Bamboo1 4x6 stylus        id: 9 type: STYLUS   
    Wacom Bamboo1 4x6 eraser        id: 11 type: ERASER   
    Wacom Bamboo1 4x6 cursor        id: 12 type: CURSOR

From Xorg.0.log:
    (II) config/udev: Adding input device Wacom Bamboo1 4x6 (/dev/input/event4)
    (**) Wacom Bamboo1 4x6: Applying InputClass "evdev tablet catchall"
    (**) Wacom Bamboo1 4x6: Applying InputClass "Wacom class"
    (II) LoadModule: "wacom"
    (II) Loading /usr/lib/xorg/modules/input/wacom_drv.so
    (II) Module wacom: vendor="X.Org Foundation"
    compiled for 1.9.0, module version = 0.11.0
    Module class: X.Org XInput Driver
    ABI class: X.Org XInput driver, version 11.0
    (**) Wacom Bamboo1 4x6: always reports core events
    (**) Option "Device" "/dev/input/event4"
    (II) Wacom Bamboo1 4x6: type not specified, assuming 'stylus'.
    (II) Wacom Bamboo1 4x6: other types will be automatically added.
    (-) Wacom Bamboo1 4x6 stylus: using pressure threshold of 27 for button 1
    (-) Wacom Bamboo1 4x6 stylus: Wacom USB Bamboo tablet maxX=14760 maxY=9225 maxZ=1023 resX=100000 resY=100000  tilt=disabled
    (II) Wacom Bamboo1 4x6 stylus: hotplugging dependent devices.
    (II) Wacom Bamboo1 4x6 stylus: hotplugging completed.
    (II) XINPUT: Adding extended input device "Wacom Bamboo1 4x6 stylus" (type: STYLUS)
    (II) config/udev: Adding input device Wacom Bamboo1 4x6 (/dev/input/mouse1)
    (II) No input driver/identifier specified (ignoring)
    (II) config/udev: Adding input device AT Translated Set 2 keyboard (/dev/input/event2)
    (**) AT Translated Set 2 keyboard: Applying InputClass "evdev keyboard catchall"
    (**) AT Translated Set 2 keyboard: always reports core events
    (**) AT Translated Set 2 keyboard: Device: "/dev/input/event2"
    (II) AT Translated Set 2 keyboard: Found keys
    (II) AT Translated Set 2 keyboard: Configuring as keyboard
    (II) XINPUT: Adding extended input device "AT Translated Set 2 keyboard" (type: KEYBOARD)
    (**) Option "xkb_rules" "evdev"
    (**) Option "xkb_model" "pc105"
    (**) Option "xkb_layout" "us"
    (**) Wacom Bamboo1 4x6 eraser: Applying InputClass "evdev tablet catchall"
    (**) Wacom Bamboo1 4x6 eraser: Applying InputClass "Wacom class"
    (**) Wacom Bamboo1 4x6 eraser: always reports core events
    (-) Wacom Bamboo1 4x6 eraser: Wacom USB Bamboo tablet maxX=14760 maxY=9225 maxZ=1023 resX=100000 resY=100000  tilt=disabled
    (II) XINPUT: Adding extended input device "Wacom Bamboo1 4x6 eraser" (type: ERASER)
    (**) Wacom Bamboo1 4x6 cursor: Applying InputClass "evdev tablet catchall"
    (**) Wacom Bamboo1 4x6 cursor: Applying InputClass "Wacom class"
    (**) Wacom Bamboo1 4x6 cursor: always reports core events
    (-) Wacom Bamboo1 4x6 cursor: Wacom USB Bamboo tablet maxX=14760 maxY=9225 maxZ=1023 resX=100000 resY=100000  tilt=disabled
    (II) XINPUT: Adding extended input device "Wacom Bamboo1 4x6 cursor" (type: CURSOR)

There are also some errors further down in X0rg.0.log:
    (EE) Wacom Bamboo1 4x6 cursor: Error reading wacom device : No such device
    (II) config/udev: removing device Wacom Bamboo1 4x6 stylus
    (II) Wacom Bamboo1 4x6 stylus: removing automatically added devices.
    (II) Wacom Bamboo1 4x6 stylus: removing dependent device 'Wacom Bamboo1 4x6 cursor'
    (II) UnloadModule: "wacom"
    (II) Wacom Bamboo1 4x6 stylus: removing dependent device 'Wacom Bamboo1 4x6 eraser'
    (II) config/udev: Adding input device Wacom Bamboo1 4x6 (/dev/input/event4)
    (**) Wacom Bamboo1 4x6: Applying InputClass "evdev tablet catchall"
    (**) Wacom Bamboo1 4x6: Applying InputClass "Wacom class"
    (**) Wacom Bamboo1 4x6: always reports core events
    (II) Wacom Bamboo1 4x6: type not specified, assuming 'stylus'.
    (II) Wacom Bamboo1 4x6: other types will be automatically added.
    (-) Wacom Bamboo1 4x6 stylus: using pressure threshold of 27 for button 1
    (-) Wacom Bamboo1 4x6 stylus: Wacom USB Bamboo tablet maxX=14760 maxY=9225 maxZ=1023 resX=100000 resY=100000  tilt=disabled
    (II) Wacom Bamboo1 4x6 stylus: hotplugging dependent devices.
    (II) Wacom Bamboo1 4x6 stylus: hotplugging completed.
    (II) XINPUT: Adding extended input device "Wacom Bamboo1 4x6 stylus" (type: STYLUS)
    (**) Wacom Bamboo1 4x6 eraser: Applying InputClass "evdev tablet catchall"
    (**) Wacom Bamboo1 4x6 eraser: Applying InputClass "Wacom class"
    (**) Wacom Bamboo1 4x6 eraser: always reports core events
    (-) Wacom Bamboo1 4x6 eraser: Wacom USB Bamboo tablet maxX=14760 maxY=9225 maxZ=1023 resX=100000 resY=100000  tilt=disabled
    (II) XINPUT: Adding extended input device "Wacom Bamboo1 4x6 eraser" (type: ERASER)
    (**) Wacom Bamboo1 4x6 cursor: Applying InputClass "evdev tablet catchall"
    (**) Wacom Bamboo1 4x6 cursor: Applying InputClass "Wacom class"
    (**) Wacom Bamboo1 4x6 cursor: always reports core events
    (-) Wacom Bamboo1 4x6 cursor: Wacom USB Bamboo tablet maxX=14760 maxY=9225 maxZ=1023 resX=100000 resY=100000  tilt=disabled
    (II) XINPUT: Adding extended input device "Wacom Bamboo1 4x6 cursor" (type: CURSOR)
    (II) config/udev: Adding input device Wacom Bamboo1 4x6 (/dev/input/mouse1)
    (II) No input driver/identifier specified (ignoring)

But perhaps I need to change more settings, with xsetwacom, like there is no eraser ? Or is another change needed for that ?
    All I did to get to this result is follow you instructions.

• Favux
    Favux
    2011-05-28

Outstanding!  Please keep testing and let me know if there are any problems with pressure and the stylus side buttons.  Also is calibration good?

The spurious eraser just comes along with the stylus so I'm not worried about that.  In fact my assumption has always been that with tablets with a stylus without an eraser, if you got the same type of stylus with an eraser, the eraser would work.

The spurious cursor is because we're using the Graphire logic and some Graphires come with a cursor (the Wacom tablet mouse).  So that doesn't bother me too much either.  However I am bothered by the Xorg.0.log doing "No such device" and then unloading the module "wacom" before finally loading the tablet.  I don't know why that is happening and probably means we're not ready to submit a patch.  It seems like the Graphire logic is the correct logic to use, but maybe we should try something else?  We may need one of the developers to take a look.

Sorry about the line numbers, either I copied the wrong ones or I was using a different version of the source code.  Glad you caught that.

Since Maverick has the 1.9 Xserver we can't set up dependent device snippets in a .conf file to block the eraser and stylus.  With Natty's 1.10 Xserver we could and with:
        Option  "Ignore"  "yes"
    essentially turn the eraser and cursor off.  See:  https://sourceforge.net/apps/mediawiki/linuxwacom/index.php?title=Xorg.conf.d#X_server_1.10

• Alex
    Alex
    2011-05-31

I've tested with the Gimp, Inkscape and MyPaint, they all pick up the pressure.
    Side buttons are working, I need to figure out how to assign different functions to the buttons.

The whole active surface of the tablet is used and calibration seems good.
    Since the tablet is 16:10 and my monitor 16:9, drawing a circle ends up to be an elipse, but you have to use a mold to be able to tell, in normal use it's no issue.

The no such device error was probably caused by a flimsy USB port on my built-in card-reader that I connected to during testing. Since the tablet is connected to another USB port I have not seen this error again.

• Favux
    Favux
    2011-06-01

That's great!  So the no such device was a usb port problem.  Given that everything is looking good I'd say we're ready to submit a patch set.  I might hold off a little bit hoping that I can get a 006b (the medium) to test soon and submit both of the new Bamboo Ones together.

• Anonymous
    2011-06-06

Hi Favux,

Tried to send you a pm with my details, but it bounces..
    Tablet still working ok, no errors.

• Anonymous
    2011-06-21

Minor change in the post above, I think favux meant this when editing wcmUSB.c in xf86-input-wacom/src:

{ WACOM_VENDOR_ID, 0x6A, 100000, 100000, &usbBamboo }, /* Bamboo1 4x6 */
    or
    { WACOM_VENDOR_ID, 0x6B, 100000, 100000, &usbBamboo }, /* Bamboo1 5x8 */

Copy-pasted the line which favux posted, which did nothing with my Wacom Bamboo One V2 (CTE-460 == 0x6A). After I changed it to 0x6A at least "xsetwacom list" showed up with something:

xsetwacom list
    Wacom Bamboo1 4x6 stylus STYLUS    
    Wacom Bamboo1 4x6 eraser ERASER    
    Wacom Bamboo1 4x6 cursor CURSOR

Just to prevent others from copying the wrong line. :-)

If it is any helpful in developing support for the CTE-460: xinput list comes up with this:

Virtual core pointer                          id=2    [master pointer  (3)]
    ⎜    Virtual core XTEST pointer                id=4    [slave  pointer  (2)]
    ⎜    SynPS/2 Synaptics TouchPad                id=15   [slave  pointer  (2)]
    ⎜    Logitech USB Receiver                     id=13   [slave  pointer  (2)]
    ⎜    Wacom Bamboo1 4x6 stylus                  id=12   [slave  pointer  (2)]
    ⎜    Wacom Bamboo1 4x6 eraser                  id=17   [slave  pointer  (2)]
    ⎜    Wacom Bamboo1 4x6 cursor                  id=18   [slave  pointer  (2)]
     Virtual core keyboard                         id=3    [master keyboard (2)]
         Virtual core XTEST keyboard               id=5    [slave  keyboard (3)]
         Power Button                              id=6    [slave  keyboard (3)]
         Video Bus                                 id=7    [slave  keyboard (3)]
         Power Button                              id=8    [slave  keyboard (3)]
         Sleep Button                              id=9    [slave  keyboard (3)]
         HID 413c:8161                             id=10   [slave  keyboard (3)]
         Laptop_Integrated_Webcam_2M               id=11   [slave  keyboard (3)]
         AT Translated Set 2 keyboard              id=14   [slave  keyboard (3)]
         Dell WMI hotkeys                          id=16   [slave  keyboard (3)]

And here is my dmesg:

[ 6662.651539] usb 2-1.2: new full speed USB device using ehci_hcd and address 10
    [ 6662.742741] usb 2-1.2: New USB device found, idVendor=056a, idProduct=006a
    [ 6662.742747] usb 2-1.2: New USB device strings: Mfr=1, Product=2, SerialNumber=0
    [ 6662.742751] usb 2-1.2: Product: CTE-460
    [ 6662.742754] usb 2-1.2: Manufacturer: Wacom Co.,Ltd.
    [ 6662.743990] input: Wacom Bamboo1 4x6 as /devices/pci0000:00/0000:00:1d.0/usb2/2-1/2-1.2/2-1.2:1.0/input/input24

And Xorg.0.log shows this (quite similar to Alext67's log):

[ 14817.051] (EE) Wacom Bamboo1 4x6 cursor: Error reading wacom device : No such device
    [ 14817.051] (EE) Wacom Bamboo1 4x6 cursor: Error reading wacom device : No such device
    [ 14817.051] (II) config/udev: removing device Wacom Bamboo1 4x6 stylus
    [ 14817.052] (II) Wacom Bamboo1 4x6 stylus: removing automatically added devices.
    [ 14817.052] (II) Wacom Bamboo1 4x6 stylus: removing dependent device 'Wacom Bamboo1 4x6 cursor'
    [ 14817.053] (II) UnloadModule: "wacom"
    [ 14817.053] (II) Wacom Bamboo1 4x6 stylus: removing dependent device 'Wacom Bamboo1 4x6 eraser'
    [ 14817.071] (II) UnloadModule: "wacom"
    [ 14817.071] (II) UnloadModule: "wacom"
    [ 14820.948] (II) config/udev: Adding input device Wacom Bamboo1 4x6 (/dev/input/mouse2)
    [ 14820.948] (II) No input driver/identifier specified (ignoring)
    [ 14820.948] (II) config/udev: Adding input device Wacom Bamboo1 4x6 (/dev/input/event11)
    [ 14820.948] (**) Wacom Bamboo1 4x6: Applying InputClass "Wacom class"
    [ 14820.948] (**) Wacom Bamboo1 4x6: Applying InputClass "evdev tablet catchall"
    [ 14820.948] (**) Wacom Bamboo1 4x6: Applying InputClass "Wacom class"
    [ 14820.948] (**) Wacom Bamboo1 4x6: always reports core events
    [ 14820.948] (**) Option "Device" "/dev/input/event11"
    [ 14820.959] (II) Wacom Bamboo1 4x6: type not specified, assuming 'stylus'.
    [ 14820.959] (II) Wacom Bamboo1 4x6: other types will be automatically added.
    [ 14820.959] (--) Wacom Bamboo1 4x6 stylus: using pressure threshold of 27 for button 1
    [ 14820.959] (--) Wacom Bamboo1 4x6 stylus: Wacom Unknown USB tablet maxX=14760 maxY=9225 maxZ=1023 resX=1016 resY=1016  tilt=enabled
    [ 14820.959] (II) Wacom Bamboo1 4x6 stylus: hotplugging dependent devices.
    [ 14820.959] (II) Wacom Bamboo1 4x6 stylus: hotplugging completed.
    [ 14820.978] (II) XINPUT: Adding extended input device "Wacom Bamboo1 4x6 stylus" (type: STYLUS)
    [ 14821.002] (**) Wacom Bamboo1 4x6 eraser: Applying InputClass "Wacom class"
    [ 14821.002] (**) Wacom Bamboo1 4x6 eraser: Applying InputClass "evdev tablet catchall"
    [ 14821.002] (**) Wacom Bamboo1 4x6 eraser: Applying InputClass "Wacom class"
    [ 14821.002] (**) Wacom Bamboo1 4x6 eraser: always reports core events
    [ 14821.002] (**) Option "Device" "/dev/input/event11"
    [ 14821.010] (--) Wacom Bamboo1 4x6 eraser: Wacom Unknown USB tablet maxX=14760 maxY=9225 maxZ=1023 resX=1016 resY=1016  tilt=enabled
    [ 14821.018] (II) XINPUT: Adding extended input device "Wacom Bamboo1 4x6 eraser" (type: ERASER)
    [ 14821.018] (**) Wacom Bamboo1 4x6 cursor: Applying InputClass "Wacom class"
    [ 14821.018] (**) Wacom Bamboo1 4x6 cursor: Applying InputClass "evdev tablet catchall"
    [ 14821.018] (**) Wacom Bamboo1 4x6 cursor: Applying InputClass "Wacom class"
    [ 14821.018] (**) Wacom Bamboo1 4x6 cursor: always reports core events
    [ 14821.018] (**) Option "Device" "/dev/input/event11"
    [ 14821.026] (--) Wacom Bamboo1 4x6 cursor: Wacom Unknown USB tablet maxX=14760 maxY=9225 maxZ=1023 resX=1016 resY=1016  tilt=enabled
    [ 14821.034] (II) XINPUT: Adding extended input device "Wacom Bamboo1 4x6 cursor" (type: CURSOR)

Now, when I use the pen, the orange LED on the tablet lights up green which it didn't before. But I still can't get it to work, so I'm probably doing something wrong with /etc/X11/xorg.conf.d/50-wacom.conf?

Currently, 50-wacom.conf contains the following:

Section "InputClass"
            Identifier "Wacom class"
    # WALTOP needs a patched kernel driver, that isn't in mainline lk yet,
    # so for now just let it fall through and be picked up by evdev instead.
    #       MatchProduct "Wacom|WALTOP|WACOM"
            MatchProduct "Wacom|WACOM"
            MatchDevicePath "/dev/input/event*"
            Driver "wacom"
    EndSection
    Section "InputClass"
            Identifier "Wacom serial class"
            MatchProduct "Serial Wacom Tablet"
            Driver "wacom"
    EndSection
    Section "InputClass"
            Identifier "Wacom serial class identifiers"
            MatchProduct "WACf|FUJ02e5|FUJ02e7"
            Driver "wacom"
    EndSection
    Section "InputClass"
            Identifier "Wacom Bamboo cursor options"
            MatchDriver "wacom"
            MatchProduct "cursor"
            # Apply custom Options to this device below.
            Option "Button1" "1"
            Option "Button2" "2"
            Option "Button3" "3"
    EndSection
    Section "InputClass"
            Identifier "Wacom Bamboo eraser options"
            MatchDriver "wacom"
            MatchProduct "eraser"
            Option "PressCurve" "5,0,100,95"
    EndSection
    Section "InputClass"
            Identifier "Wacom Bamboo pad options"
            MatchDriver "wacom"
            MatchProduct "pad"
            Option "Button1" "1"
            Option "Button2" "3"
            Option "Button3" "2"
            Option "Button4" "0"
            Option "AbsWheelUp" "5"
            Option "AbsWheelDown" "4"
    EndSection
    # N-Trig Duosense Electromagnetic Digitizer
    Section "InputClass"
            Identifier "Wacom N-Trig class"
            MatchProduct "HID 1b96:0001|N-Trig Pen"
            MatchDevicePath "/dev/input/event*"
            Driver "wacom"
            Option "Button2" "3"
    EndSection

That is basically the standard 50-wacom.conf with some extra stuff I found on the holy Internet. What am I doing wrong here?

By the way, should I be able to configure my new tablet (which I also bought on iBood) using KDE's desktop settings? Because that one keeps telling me that no tablet was found. Or should I ignore that and is the configuring done via 50-wacom.conf?

I am using OpenSuSE 11.4, kernel is 2.6.37.6-0.5-desktop (uname -a). If you need any further information, please ask.

• Favux
    Favux
    2011-06-22

Hi pyschonetics,

Maybe you're right on the dimensions.  I remember when rounding that they weren't very conveniently near anything.

I suspect it is your 50-wacom.conf also.  You can't configure dependent device options unless you have X server 1.10.  Enter Xorg -version in a terminal to check.  Also your Bamboo One does not have a pad (tablet buttons or scroll wheel), cursor (wacom tablet mouse), or an eraser I think.  So remove these sections:

Section "InputClass" Identifier "Wacom Bamboo cursor options" MatchDriver "wacom" MatchProduct "cursor" # Apply custom Options to this device below. Option "Button1" "1" Option "Button2" "2" Option "Button3" "3" EndSection Section "InputClass" Identifier "Wacom Bamboo eraser options" MatchDriver "wacom" MatchProduct "eraser" # Apply custom Options to this device below. Option "PressCurve" "5,0,100,95" EndSection Section "InputClass" Identifier "Wacom Bamboo pad options" MatchDriver "wacom" MatchProduct "pad" # Apply custom Options to this device below. Option "Button1" "1" Option "Button2" "3" Option "Button3" "2" Option "Button4" "0" Option "AbsWheelUp" "5" Option "AbsWheelDown" "4" EndSection

Reboot and see where you are.

The KDE Desktop settings should be working I think.  He just updated the cpp code to deal with the new kernel pad button defaults for the 2.6.38 kernel.  First let's get your tablet working and then you should be able to configure stylus options like pressure and side buttons.

• Anonymous
    2011-06-26

Superb! I can use the pen now. Only the button which emulates the left mouse button is not functioning yet. Guess it needs some configuration.

By the way, the "Configure desktop" option in KDE still tells me that no tablet was found.