ParkerVision 1 mile wireless lan

• Has anyone heard of the parker vision 1 mile wireless lan which uses the zydas 1201 chipset?  I recently purchased their wireless router and a  several usb wlan adapters. I have to say that I am shocked at how far this thing can transmit!  I am getting my internet connection from my neighbor's house 800 feet away, about three times farther than most will go. The one mile claim is a bit of an exaggeration, but you could maybe get a quarter of a mile out of it in real life situations.  The problem is that they are hard to find. The only place I know of is and ebay. Also I havn't heard of anyone getting it to work in linux. So i'm posting here hoping to spread the word and maybe some day somebody can get it to work in linux. Seriously, the ParkerVision thing is sweet! and cheap too!

• yeap i heard about it i have one on usb  and i'm just trying to make it work however i can't find a firmware loader it is seen under kernel 2.6.13 Torvalds linus gonna post again if i succed in my attempt

• got the same router and adapters, no luck so far with ubuntu.  If anyone figures this out, please post.