no images after moving library

lewinb
2005-07-04
2013-04-25
  • lewinb
    lewinb
    2005-07-04

Ok, apologies if this has been addressed (i dont think so, but Im rather under a time crunch.

I moved my entire image library (which is sizeable) to another drive. To my knowledge, it was working before I moved it. I moved it with a linux tool that is supposed to maintain permissions, etc. It seems to have worked. However, I am now using linpha again after a long time of disuse, and it is unable to connect with any pictures. I made sure that all of the symbolic links in the albums folder were adjusted accordingly, so that they show the correct path to the new location of the files. Since I am using symlinks instead of actual files in the albums folder, there should theoretically be no difference from before, right? at least none as far as Linpha is concerned. Could you give me some suggestions? What could be causing this? The main page comes up, but without any thumbs. And when I click on a certain subfolder, I get this:
    Warning: fopen(/tmp/PICT0080.TIF4LvPsi.jpg): failed to open stream: No such file or directory in /Library/WebServer/Documents/linphatest/functions/image.php on line 388

Warning: filesize(): Stat failed for /tmp/PICT0080.TIF4LvPsi.jpg (errno=2 - No such file or directory) in /Library/WebServer/Documents/linphatest/functions/image.php on line 389

Warning: fread(): supplied argument is not a valid stream resource in /Library/WebServer/Documents/linphatest/functions/image.php on line 389

Warning: fclose(): supplied argument is not a valid stream resource in /Library/WebServer/Documents/linphatest/functions/image.php on line 401

Warning: fopen(/tmp/PICT0081.TIFwRcuvg.jpg): failed to open stream: No such file or directory in /Library/WebServer/Documents/linphatest/functions/image.php on line 388

Warning: filesize(): Stat failed for /tmp/PICT0081.TIFwRcuvg.jpg (errno=2 - No such file or directory) in /Library/WebServer/Documents/linphatest/functions/image.php on line 389

• if you browse your albums folder in the linpha filemanager, everything is showing up right?

i would try a new install of the latest linpha version at a different place in a different database to find out if the problem has something to do with changing the location or if you have a problem with linpha itself

greets flo

• lewinb
      lewinb
      2005-07-04

I have a small problem, because Im in Germany at the moment (and my server is in the US), and the net access where Im staying can get expensive if I use it for a long time. Also, Im not sure exactly how to go about setting it up over the internet. I do have the capability to do so using webmin and phpmyadmin, but I havent used it for so long that Im not sure I remember how. Can you just give me steps, so that I can do it quickly while on the internet?

If it helps, I also have IDS (another photo server) running, and it is working fine, after I updated all the symlinks. So, I dont think it should have anything to do with permissions. Could it be that I just need to rebuild the database?

• bzrudi
      bzrudi
      2005-07-04

Hi lewinb,

symlinks are no problem at all, are you sure you kept all timestamps (e.g. modtime, creation time) of the moved files when copying them over with the "linux tool".
      I would recommend to just setup a new install from the daily snapshots, it just take's a minute and things should work.
      (btw. yes, a simple rebuild all, should also work)

cheers bzrudi