Dear LilyPond users,
the 0.2 beta version of LilyPond plugin for jEdit is available now from
It has better integration with jEdit and cool new features.
News since 0.1:
- jDvi integrated into lily4jedit, so point-and-click is available, thanks to Johannes Schindler (Dscho) for his great work
- Automatic code completion for \override and \set - no longer needed to browse the documentation endlessly - if you hover on the name of a property with the mouse, you get the description in a tooltip box, the default value is expanded or a template is provided to fill in value. For example: if you type \override you can choose a context from a drop-down list, then choose the grob, then choose the property. All of these without errors, without opening the doc.
- New, lyrics-compliant document wizard implemented with Velocity templates and BeanShell
- Integrated midi playing (thx Dscho)
- Integrated cygwin shell (thx Dscho) - Now write cygwin commands directly in jEdit Console.
- Automatic hyphenation of lyrics using LaTeX's hyphenation engine. (see Plugins->LilyTool->do-lyrics).
- Easier future integration of macros and templates.
- LilyJHelp _must_ be downloaded separately
- jEdit 4.1 is required
- Templates, SideKick, Console, ErrorList plugins are required
It's still beta, and the doc has not been updated yet. Your suggestions are welcome, put them on project page.
The lily4jedit team: