Should this project stay or go?

2009-03-06
2012-12-07
  • Terry Wells
    Terry Wells
    2009-03-06

I've received a request to hand over this project to someone else.

Admittedly, I haven't given it any attention for several years, and there are several outstanding feature requests, but no one has ever stepped up as a co-developer.

I'm more than happy to retain ownership if someone else wants to work on the code, but I don't think I'm interested in transferring ownership.

If nobody has any interest in the project at all, I'll pull it off SourceForge and be done with it.

The cutoff date for the transfer is 3/16/2009.  Speak up by then or it's gone.

Terry

• Terry Wells
      Terry Wells
      2009-03-17

Just in the nick of time, I had a question from a new user.  That constitutes interest, so I'm keeping the project alive.

• Hi Terbos,

I have been having great difficulty with the various all-singing and dancing free software such as MagicQ, and it was great to find Lights Up! works fine with Enttec Open DMX USB.  However it took me a few minutes to work out how to use it, as I couldn't find any instructions.  Do you have any or should I carry on writing my own?

I presume that there is no further development going on on this, but wonder if it would be a big job to extend the maximum fade time from 20 to say 200 seconds?

Can I refer others to the combination of Enttec Open DMX and Lights Up!?

Thanks for creating it.

Jonathan

• Terry Wells
    Terry Wells
    2010-08-31

Hi Jonathan,

The documentation is a little thin, but it is posted on SourceForge along with the program.  I'm sorry you didn't find it right away.

I'll have to look into changing the fade time.  It's been a while since I've had Studio 6 installed on a machine.

Yes, you can refer others to LightsUp!  They can update it as they see fit and post the changes back to SourceForge, or just use it as is.  I plan on keeping the project active for the forseeable future.

Terry