I set up my Google Reader account in Liferea, which includes an alert for Taylor Swift news. However, when Liferea updates, it changes the source of the feed from this url http://www.google.com/reader/atom/user/12013941499883400425/state/com.google/alerts/2759633226522005899 (which I created using the other feed from my Google Reader) to simply /12013941499883400425/state/com.google/alerts/2759633226522005899 and changes the "source" from "URL" to "Local File". When I change it back, it updates fine--until I close Liferea. Upon reopening Liferea, the source is back to local file with the truncated url.
We should be able to change the source property and have it stick (regardless of whether it's a Google Reader account or a regular blog). Or, when it downloads the information from Google Reader, it shouldn't alter the url or location at all (regardless of whether it's a valid feed or not).
While the url that I use won't pass at feedvalidator, it does work in LIferea--as it's the format that Google Reader expects.