LibrePlan, the popular and feature complete project management application, version 1.4.1 has been published with the features contributed to the project since our last release.
First of all, we want to thank all the people and organizations that have made this new version possible.
Among them, we would like to specifically mention Oscar Gonzalez Fernandez for all his hard work on the project. But also Philippe Poumaroux and Martin van Middelkoop for their patches and Kent Thoresen for contributing the Norwegian Bokmal language.... read more
LibrePlan 1.4 version is published with the features contributed in the project since Christmas.
First of all, we want to thank all the people and organizations that have made this new version possible.
Among them, we want to mention specially to the St. Antonius Zienkenhuis Hospital (in The Netherlands) which has been
the main contributor on this occasion.
Here the report of the main developments in LibrePlan 1.4 that we hope you enjoy:... read more
We have released an upgrade of the 1.3 LibrePlan version with some improvements and fixes, and a brand new specific mobile app is now availiable.
Just some weeks after the previous release, we are launching LibrePlan 1.3.3, which includes some small improvements and fixes of idenfied issues.
We also want to use this annoucement to communicate that a LibrePlan mobile application has been developed. This is a tool to allow LibrePlan users to access the tasks they are assigned to, from any project, report worked hours and check their progresses from a mobile device.... read more
It has been a month and a half since the last release of LibrePlan and
we are already in conditions to provide our users with a new version of
the 1.3.X series, LibrePlan 1.3.2. Two events are the main responsible
for allowing us to share with you new interesting enhancements:
LibrePlan hackfest LibrePlan hackfest celebration and the development of
three sponsored features of general interest for the program. ... read more
T-DOSE is a free and yearly event held in The Netherlands to promote use
and development of Open Source Software. During this event Open Source
projects, developers and visitors can exchange ideas and knowledge.
This year, Jeroen Baten, Dutch LibrePlan community manager and LibrePlan
contributor will present the project at the T-DOSE event on October,
27th, from 15:00 - 16:00 PM. Read the full schedule at
http://www.t-dose.org/2012/schedule... read more
On November, the 8th the first LibrePlan hackfest will take place in A Coruña (Spain)
This is the first hackfest that the LibrePlan community is organizing and it will take place on November the 8th, in A Coruña at Igalia premises. This hackfest is sponsored by Igalia.
We invite to attend to all the people interested in the project. Although you are not a contributor yet, we would be happy to count with you. It is a great opportunity to know the project from inside talking with the LibrePlan team members. We can arrange discussions, training activities, developing workshops, etc.... read more
LibrePlan 1.3.1 has been launched with the latest enhancements and some new features
After summertime is over in Europe, where the main LibrePlan developers live, we think that it is a good time to provide our users with the new things incorporated into the stable branch since the release of the LibrePlan 1.3.0 version, on July the 27th.
The major developments included in the 1.3.1 version are the next ones:
* Catalan as new language, thanks to the work of translation done by Daniel Díaz Sañudo. With Catalan LibrePlan is already fully avaliable in seven languages - English, Catalan, Dutch, French, Galician, Italian and Spanish - and, besides, German and Polish are very close to this 100% percentage of completion. But we do not want to stop here, we want to keep growing. Therefore, if you live in a country with a non-supported language and you want to enjoy LibrePlan in your mother tongue, we will be glad to accept your translation.
* Web service API extension. A new DELETE operation has been incorporated to the LibrePlan web service for importing timesheets into the program. Many LibrePlan users have their company timesheets stored in other applications and they include them into LibrePlan automatically using our planner web service API. For this scenario, sometimes it is necessary to be able to delete some already imported timesheet data to correct possible mistakes. Having the capacity to fix these errors has been the rationale behind the addition of this new DELETE operation.
* New twice-weekly and weekly personal timesheets. In LibrePlan 1.3.0 we included a special type of timesheets called monthly timesheets. The monthly timesheets were designed having employees in mind (bound workers) so that, by using them, they could track the work done by themselves in a whole month. The idea was that the monthly timesheets could be used to meet the payrolls according to the time devoted by the employees each month. However, there are companies that pay the salaries per week or twice-weekly and this has been the reason to add the option of having personal timesheets with three periodicities: monthly, twice-weekly and weekly. From now on, there is a global configuration option to select the type of personal timesheets you want to use in your LibrePlan deployment.
* Reporting the project status. LibrePlan has a wide set of reports that can be extracted in PDF, ODT or HTML. This set of reports can be extended to satisfy all the imaginable reporting needs. In this occasion, we have included a new printout with the project WBS. The WBS is the description of the work to be planned in a project and the report has a row per activity with the next columns: the task name, the budgeted estimated number of hours to do, the total planned hours and the total tracked worked time. We hope you find it useful!
* Dates internationalization. There were some places where the date format was not respecting the convention defined by the locale. This has been fixed and, from now on, you can see all the dates provided by LibrePlan in a format coherent with the language in which the user is navigating.... read more
Yesterday LibrePlan community agreed the roadmap for the next major version 1.4.
LibrePlan 1.4 roadmap has been defined by the project community members in a public meeting as we usually do (you can read the minutes - http://wiki.libreplan.org/twiki/bin/view/LibrePlan/MinuteS20121009 - for more information).
In the LibrePlan team we regard as very important to listen to the feedback of our users to know where they find difficulties on using the program. And according to it, for the next release, we have made the decision of devoting a significant effort to solve some of these usability issues. This, for sure, is one of the main targets of the LibrePlan 1.4 version.... read more
After some delay the LibrePlan team is proud to announce the release of a new major version of the tool, LibrePlan 1.3. Hence, for those of you who were waiting for it, thank you for your patient and understanding! :)
In LibrePlan 1.3 we have fulfilled the targets that we had identified as top priority in the roadmap (http://wiki.libreplan.org/twiki/bin/view/LibrePlan/RoadMap) and this makes us happy, because of the work done and because we think that with the new features included we are providing LibrePlan with new capabilities. With LibrePlan 1.3 we are making the planner better for collaborative, real-time scenarios where many different people in the organization interacts with the projects planning.... read more
In the last coordination meeting LibrePlan contributors fixed a new estimated date for the 1.3 release and closed the set of features that will be shipped.
LibrePlan release 1.3 was estimated to be launched in April 2012, by week 14. This date was decided in the roadmap definition meeting held after the release 1.2. These roadmap definition meetings are celebrated after each major version and have the purpose of assessing the status of the project and defining its future according to the feedback received by users, taking into account technical needs identified by the developers, listening to the preferences of contributors depending on their experience, etc.... read more
LibrePlan team wants to announce the publication of a new communication channel available for all the people interested in the project.
This new channel is a Question/Answer site and is thought to be used by anyone having a doubt about any aspect of LibrePlan. A Question/Answer site is a specialized forum with the following features:
* It has as clear target to do questions and to reply to them. Messages are organized in threads and they have: one message which is the question and zero or more messages which are replies to the inquiry.
* Questions are tagged with any word which can help to identify it. Example of tags are the topic of the question, the language in which is done, the module of the program they are about, ...
* Questions and answers can be rated.... read more
The LibrePlan contributors are happy to deliver to all our users a new version of the program with all the changes developed in the current stable branch of LibrePlan since our former version, 1.2.2, released on March the 15th, 2012. This version is the 1.2.3 and, probably, will be the last maintenance release before LibrePlan 1.3.
The major developments in 1.2.3 are the next ones:
* Money based cost monitoring system.... read more
A new version of LibrePlan is released including lots of improvements and two new languages (French and Dutch)
It is a pleasure for us to announce that, from now on, a new version, LibrePlan 1.2.2, is available for you and that you can already enjoy both the new contributions received and the enhancements done by the team members since our last release 1.2.1.
The major developments which come with this new version are the next ones:... read more
LibrePlan community announces the roadmap for version 1.3
Two weeks ago, LibrePlan community held a public meeting to define the 1.3 release of the project (http://wiki.libreplan.org/twiki/bin/view/LibrePlan/MinuteS20120111). In LibrePlan we celebrate this kind of meetings to define the evolution strategy for the project. Both developers and users are invited to participate and in the debate common factors that are taken into account are the general interest of a feature according to the feedback received by the users, technical needs identified by the developers, preferences of contributors according to their experience, etc.... read more
Minor release with many enhancements
We announce the release of a new minor version of LibrePlan, 1.2.1. It includes all the work we have done to improve the current behavior of the application since last version 1.2.0, released in December 2011, and, besides, we have included some small but interesting new features:
* Interface in Italian as an option. LibrePlan is fully translated into Italian thanks to the work done by Giuseppe Zizza. With this there are 6 language currently available: English, Spanish, Portuguese, Galician, Russian and Italian.... read more
LibrePlan will be present at FOSDEM 2012 with a lightning talk on Sunday, 5th of February in Brussels
LibrePlan team, through the Igalia member Diego Pino (http://www.igalia.com/nc/igalia-247/igalian/item/dpino/), will be present at FOSDEM 2012 (http://fosdem.org/2012/schedule/tracks/lightningtalks) with a lightning talk.
FOSDEM is the acronym for The Free and Open source Software Developers' European Meeting and is a two-day event organized by volunteers to promote the widespread use of Free and Open Source software. It takes place in the beautiful city of Brussels (Belgium) once a year and they say that FOSDEM meetings are recognized as "The best Free Software and Open Source events in Europe".... read more
LibrePlan community will meet in a public event to define the LibrePlan 1.3 roadmap on January 11th
As usual, LibrePlan community will hold a public meeting in the #libreplan IRC channel on Freenode.net (http://webchat.freenode.net/?channels=#libreplan) after Christmas holidays, on Wednesday 11th January at 16:30 CET (GMT +1) (http://wiki.libreplan.org/twiki/bin/view/LibrePlan/Meetings).
It will be a public encounter and all LibrePlan developers, collaborators and users are invited to attend. The purpose is to debate and give priority to the features that will be included in the next version (LibrePlan 1.3).... read more
After some months of hard work we are proud to announce that LibrePlan 1.2.0 is finally here. We invite you to discover what is new in this version and to enjoy the new project website.
In the 1.2.0 version the project has been renamed to LibrePlan and this will be the official name for the project from now on. With the new name, decided by the community, we are remarking that LibrePlan is a generic purpose planning tool, suitable to many sectors.... read more
We are about to release LibrePlan 1.2 and we need help to translate it to more languages.
Currently LibrePlan is available in English, Spanish, Galician and Russian (not updated to last changes yet). Moreover the Portuguese and Japanese translations are in progress and will be ready soon. So, if you speak any other language and want to use the tool in your mother tongue, we invite you to translate LibrePlan.... read more
Development community has changed the status of the next program release, version 1.2, to frozen state. In that version NavalPlan will be renamed to LibrePlan, and, from then on, it will be the official name for the project.
Entering frozen state means that:
* From now on the acceptance of new features is stopped.
* The project starts a testing-centered period in which the application will be reviewed in a comprehensive manner.
* In short it will be delivered the new release.
This is a special and hoped version for everybody close to the project because several exciting things will happen.
As we have been announcing lately a new name will be had, LibrePlan. Besides, taking advantage of this event, a new web site will be published, a new design, a new logo... Project members will be like children with new shoes!
Apart from this rebranding, new valuable features will be incorporated too. Among then, they are highlighted for instance:
* The update of the UI framework ZK version, from 3.6.4 to 5.0.9. This has been a great effort, but will allow us to get advantage of the latest innovations in rich web interfaces and enjoy both the performance and architectural enhancements of this new version
* State sharing among projects perspectives (Project Details, Project Scheduling, Resources Load, Advanced Allocation and Monte Carlo). This will allow users to work in the project planning in a more natural way moving freely among these views without the need to save at each step.
Stay tuned to upgrade to LibrePlan soon!
LibrePlan team will deliver a talk at the Libre Software World
Conference (LSWC) held in Zaragoza (Spain) on November 9th and 10th
Libre Software World Conference  is the most important free software
conference with professional and business focus celebrated in Spain.
Without any doubt, it is the right place to know the main Spanish free
software projects and a place to meet up with free software
enthusiasts. ... read more
New minor release of NavalPlan project with some interesting bugfixes.
Today we are launching a new minor version of NavalPlan. This time the main reason is to fix an important issue saving big projects that use labels from Gantt view.
Apart from that bug, some other issues has been fixed too:
* Reviewed and fixed some problems in reports.
* Server language does not affect translations anymore.
* Added a new log file to register information about login attempts.... read more
A new minor version of NavalPlan is released today
Thanks to our users, we have detected a critical bug that was causing concurrency problems while you are editing a project which uses labels. This was due to a wrong mapping in the relationship between projects and labels.
The problem above has been the main reason for the new release. However, it also includes all the bugs fixed in stable branch since 1.1.1. Among them we highlight:
* Users can now be removed.
* Printing appears in user language and not in server language.
* Default password warnings are hidden if user is disabled.
* Fixed issue with Sigmoid function if user has consolidated progress in a task.... read more
LibrePlan development branch already provides LDAP integration
Yesterday LDAP remote branch has been merged into master, this means that next version LibrePlan 1.2 will have LDAP support as planned in the roadmap (http://wiki.navalplan.org/twiki/bin/view/NavalPlan/RoadMap#Version_1_2_2011w36). With current implementation you will be able to configure LibrePlan to authenticate against LDAP, creating new users automatically in LibrePlan if they do not exist yet. Moreover you could define how LibrePlan roles are going to match with LDAP ones, this will allow to manage easily LibrePlan roles for LDAP users.... read more
Starting next week LibrePlan (aka NavalPlan) community will hold coordination meetings every two weeks.
Now that LibrePlan (aka NavalPlan) community is growing, project members have decided to arrange periodic meetings to properly follow the development. These coordination meetings are going to take place in public IRC channel at Freenode every 2 weeks on Mondays at 12:00 (central European time). These meetings are intended to be short and the main goal is review the tasks DONE and TODO for each developer.... read more