Work at SourceForge, help us to make it a better place! We have an immediate need for a Support Technician in our San Francisco or Denver office.

Close

Visual Studio 2010 error

Askar
2012-05-30
2014-04-26
  • Askar
    Askar
    2012-05-30

I would like to use your source codes on visual studio. I am currently using VS 2010. Unvortanately, having a problem when tying to convert  libjson.vcproj as Visual Studio Convertion Withard  says  that it was created in a previous version of VS.
    I have the following errors:

libjson.vcproj  1 0
    Conversion Report - libjson.vcproj:
    Project upgrade failed.

The following error has occurred during XML parsing: File: C:\Users\Askar\Desktop\libjson_7.6.0\libjson\libjson.vcproj Line: 265 Column: 11 Error Message: The name in the end tag of the element must match the element type in the start tag. The file 'C:\Users\Askar\Desktop\libjson_7.6.0\libjson\libjson.vcproj' has failed to load.

Conversion Report - libjson.vcproj:
    Converting project file 'C:\Users\Askar\Desktop\libjson_7.6.0\libjson\libjson.vcproj'.
    VCWebServiceProxyGeneratorTool is no longer supported. The tool has been removed from your project settings.
    Project upgrade failed.

Or maybe there are other ways to build binaries for VS?  Though Nmake is unsuccessful too.

Could you help me to sort out this please?

• Allan Miller
    Allan Miller
    2012-06-25

Hi Askarov -

I had the same problem.  It may be too late to help you, but in case someone else finds this, here's the solution.

In the file libjson.vcproj, search for "JSONNode_Mutex.cpp".  Just after that, there is a missing </File> to match the <File> before it.  Looks like someone accidentally deleted that line and checked it in.  I found this by diff'ing the file going from 7.5.1 to 7.6.0.

Note that you still get the complaint about VCWebServiceProxyGeneratorTool, but it is a warning.  I don't yet know if that is significant, but I assume that it isn't.

Allan

• This was fixed in the latest version, sorry.

• Allan Miller
    Allan Miller
    2012-07-23

Thanks Jonathan!  BTW, libjson is now actually running and working great in our project … the integration went smoothly and everything just worked after that.

Allan

• Glad to hear it.

• Actually, there is still a missing closing right tag between line 239 and 240 in version 7.6.1 !

• yayayin
    yayayin
    2014-04-26

The library is good, but the visual studio project has some problem. Finally, I setup my own visual studio project and copied the example code.