Unicode error

2010-11-10
2013-06-12
  • Hi,

It seems there is a problem with the Unicode implementation.

I write :

JSONNODE * card = json_new(JSON_ARRAY);
    JSONNODE *c = json_new(JSON_ARRAY);
    json_push_back(c, json_new_a(_T("name"), _T("Entrée Audio Intégrée 1")));
    json_push_back(c, json_new_i(NULL, 0));
    json_push_back(card, c);
    json_char *jc = json_write(card);

and the result is "[]"   without "é"

The unicode flag is set.
    Do you know where is the problem ?

Best regards,
    Philippe

• Hi,

I think the problem comes from the json_write function.
    When I use iterator, the "é" is in the string, but not when I use json_write.

I hop it will help you.

Best regards,
    Philippe

• Huh, stupid me, when I was doing the move to 6.0 I forgot to uncomment the part that added Unicode encoding to the write.  I've added this to my unit test suite and once it passes I will release a new version.  Probably tomorrow, the unit test suite takes about 12 hours to run.

• Fixed in version 6.1.2.  Thank you for reporting this bug to me, which each problem I fix, the better libjson becomes :)

• Hi,

I use the 6.1.2 version and I get
    "[]"

using the same code. (and only unicode activated, all other option by default).

I think there is yet a little problem, no?

Best regards,
    Philippe

• is 00E9 not the correct value?  Unicode characters are not put into json as-is.  The JSON standard says that they must be escaped using the \u prefix.

Try this

cout << (int)_T('é') << endl;
    cout << 0x00E9 << endl;

• Hi,

ok, I thought Unicode characters was put as-is.
    Thanks for your answer.
    I just want to tell that this lib is very very nice and you answer quickly. Thanks a lot.

Best regards,
    Philippe

• I'm glad you like libjson.  If you have any other problems, please post, I usually respond within a day or two.

• Just FYI, there is now a compile option: JSON_ESCAPE_WRITES.  You can turn it off and unicode characters will appear as thoy are, but obviously this breaks the JSON standard.