Concerning "python-libgmail: Interface to Gmail is completely broken"
In case the GMail support is ever revitalized, Marco Esquandolas <email@example.com> sent following message where he has studied the issue. Perhaps this can help the libgmail development.
- - -
...I came across the same problem with libgmail and the easiest
work around is as follows.
1) Log into the gmail account
2) Redirect browser to: https://mail.google.com/mail/?ui=1&&chtml=LoginDoneHtml
3) Take a second look at the URL now, does it change from ui=1 to
4) If so, we've found the problem. You must manually click, "Older
Version" in the upper right hand corner once. Take note the URL
changes to ui=1&ov=1 (ui v. 1 and override?!?)
5) Now click "Newer Version" again
6) To verify that this worked, paste the link in again:
7) This time, you'll wind up on /mail/?ui=1
and the /mail/?ui=1 is required by libgmail to function...obviously,
it would be nice to correct this to work with the ui=2 version, in
case the older version is ever removed. At a quick inspection, I
believe it is the GMAIL_AT (action token) that is not loaded properly
in the ui=2 which results in several libgmail failures.