Developers
katealve
2005-09-26
2013-04-08
  • katealve
    katealve
    2005-09-26

Hi, 
    I am needing a lot help! I have to accomplish the reading of images bsb/kap in Delphi. My doubt is the following: With the routines in C of Stuart I do get to read a nautical letter of navigation? Can I accomplish the reading in Delphi using these routines in C through DLL? Can anybody help myself? 

Thank you, 

katealve

• Xynium
      Xynium
      2005-09-26

What do you mean by "nautical letter of navigation" ? (I am french speaking.)

• katealve
      katealve
      2005-09-27

Hi xynium,

Sorry, I wanted said nautical chart used for navigation. Did you understand me?
      Do you have idea about my questions?

thanks

• Xynium
        Xynium
        2005-09-27

HI Actualy I only know Kap chart for maritime use. This summer i have wroten a palm reader for Kap chart. My starting point was the lib and the sample included that compile directly with devC++. To make short  there is 2 phases read the header and the map. The header is in plain text . The map is a kind of bitmap where point are coded by color and  number of repetition of the same point. each new line are marked. The lib code can be simplified.
        I don't remember the detail I am on other things.
        Hope it can help.

• tresloukadu
      tresloukadu
      2008-05-02

Hello I developing a delphi app too and i would like to know... how can I read this kind of file in my app...

my app.. shows up marine charts in jpg ... but most of the marine chart are in kap/bsb and they hav a metadata with geographic information of the image... so .. i wanna read the geo information .. to put the image in the right postion in my grid...

• Michal
        Michal
        2008-05-02

Hi,

It would take 2 things:
        1. creating a dll version of the libbsp (with gcc or VS)
        2. defining a set of imports in delphi for this dll (google "delphi dll" e.g. http://delphi.about.com/od/windowsshellapi/a/dll_basics.htm\)

Note that there is a not-released version of libbsp (checked in sourceforge here) which would allow you to do so (and look for examples in bsbview).

Michal