Another Feature

Barry Bell
2003-12-30
2004-01-18
  • Barry Bell
    Barry Bell
    2003-12-30

It would be nice if there was sort of an area for lessons i.e. either a white board or mini forum built into your program. Not sure if the can be done or not, something maybe where you could bring in the game and make comments or setup a position etc.

Thanks

• Michael Speck
      Michael Speck
      2004-01-18

I answer to all requests at once: dholcombe made the script. I did not include it because I consider it not so useful as long as there is no complete and secure admin section which I don't want to implement. As I said in a different post my intention was to have a small and simple OCC. It got bigger than initially planned which is always the case when I start a project. For now I don't want to add more stuff to keep it as simple as possible. Since 1.0.7 you can use board.php in the images/wcg directory to modify the boad layout independantly from further updates. nilfilter from the linux game tome has done this successfully. I don't agree to his choice of chessmen but if he is happy I will be for he is the admin. :)

So thanks for your suggestions but for now I won't go for it. Patches? Hm, I don't want to further increase the size of the game as I said... so if there are enough changes then maybe as occ-full and occ-lite or something...