Menu

DHCP Problem

2009-11-17
2013-05-14
  • Nobody/Anonymous

Hi :) I'm sorry i can't speak in spanish.. so i will try to explain to you what is happening with my Ubuntu 9.10 when I install LETHE 0.2.

Here i go :

When you install LETHE for the first time, and you restart the PC in freeze mode auto DHCP isn't able to find an IP adress !! But when I'm not in freeze mode, DHCP works . . .

Can you help me with this particular problem ? Tks alot

P.S. If we don't take this problem in consideration your software is Great :)

• Joaquin Bogado

Joaquin Bogado - 2009-11-17

Hello my friend
    There are some known problems between Lethe and SELinux.
    Try with these commands
    $sudo aa-complain /usr/lib/NetworkManager/nm-dhcp-client.action
    $sudo /etc/init.d/net restart

have you tried the lethe-0.2-r1 version for ubuntu?

• Nobody/Anonymous

I already tried the first part of your command line… and found also that uninstalling AppArmor could be a solution ?!

LETHE can unfreeze a specified folder but in the LETHE conf file it is hard for me to understand how to do that :)

Do you have another solution ? Thnkssssss

• Joaquin Bogado

Joaquin Bogado - 2009-11-17

You could try to uninstall apparmor before to install Lethe or you can boot your pc in unfreeze mode and then uninstall it. Lethe must do this automatically but for some reason apparently it doesn't.

You can remount whatever partition in read/write mode if you have the priviledges. From conf file, you can exclude folders from being freeze by removing from MOUNTP variable .

You can write to me if you have any other problems or if you are successful.

Thanks for test Lethe!

• Mathieu Cossette

I have another problem !! I installed LETHE to another computer at work and now i cannot log in my user account !?

Can you tell me the steps to block a person from mounting the partition with the Windows folder in it !! Our project manager dont want it to be deleted !! I know its not related to LETHE but help me please :)

• Mathieu Cossette

And … about AUFS2  .. ..  some people says that AUFS will be dropped ??!!

• Joaquin Bogado

Joaquin Bogado - 2009-12-04

Hello toledo64fx:

Is your /home directory  mounted with nfs or any other distributed filesystem? This could be the problem with the login.

I don't understand the windows part. It suppose that only the root user can mount or umount partitions. See the priviledges in your /etc/fstab file.

AUFS2 will replace AUFS in the near future but Lethe will work with the new module with no modifications in the main script.

Regards.

• Mathieu Cossette

I use Ext4 filesystem, and when you install ubuntu the user can have the rights to mount windows partition, i just want no one to delete that windows folder by mounting the ntfs partition and go at it

• Nobody/Anonymous

Is this because of the new Kernel 2.6.31-15 ??? if i go back to 2.6.31-14 will i be able to login ? Is this because of my procedure when installing LETHE (dependancie) ?

Tks

• Joaquin Bogado

Joaquin Bogado - 2009-12-07

Hi toledo64fx:

I didn't test  Lethe with Ext4 filesystem. But if you want protect your windows partition from being mount, you may try to change the priviledges of  users in sudoers file.

regards…

• Joaquin Bogado

Joaquin Bogado - 2009-12-07

> Is this because of the new Kernel
    > 2.6.31-15 ??? if i go back to 2.6.31-14 will i be able to login ? Is this because of my procedure when
    > installing LETHE (dependancie) ?
    >
    > Tks

Hello nobody: who are you? can you specify your problem?? Your question is hang from the palm…

• Mathieu Cossette

Sorry ! I wasn't logged in the last time when i made my reply..

Here is my case : I reinstalled Ubuntu and immediately installed LETHE with AUFS-Tools and i closed my session and shut down the PC … after that when I booted to Ubuntu i cannot log in now !!!!!!  Can you tell me what could be the problem ??? ( When it was 2.6.31-14 kernel it was ok i could login …)

Thanks a lot.. by the i cant wait to see the final release without these bugs.

Have a nice day :)

• Joaquin Bogado

Joaquin Bogado - 2009-12-11

Hello toledo64fx, sorry about the late in replying. We have a busy year-end.
    Nicholas found a problem with Ubuntu 9.10. Apparently, Ubuntu includes apparmor in initramfs. One posible solution is delete the file __apparmor and rebuild the initramfs.
    Soon we'll publish a new version with these problems solved.

• Mathieu Cossette

I found a way  :) I'm staying with kernel 2.6.31-14.48 ( i think hehe) and it's ok for me.

Here is my method :  I just install Ubuntu with WUBI (this way Windows folder isn't visible by users .. .. . .. we have Deep Freeze for our Windows :)      ) then keep the kernel i want (2.6.31-14.48), disable apparmor, install LETHE immediately and then install linux patch aufs hehe. This way I can log on to my account in Ubuntu  !!!!

My IT team and I .. saved this as an image with Acronis and can now deploy other ubuntu stations !

Great a new version :)  I'll be happy to help again :) Maybe with this new version i will be able to go with the latest kernel :):):):) (by the way with kernel 2.6.31-15 or 16, LETHE dont work)

• Joaquin Bogado

Joaquin Bogado - 2009-12-18

Hello toledo64fx, sorry about the late in replying again. Nice work!

We are having problems installing Lethe in Ubuntu 9.x beacuse a dependecy problem (the aufs-tools package doesn't exist anymore). The patch is schedule for the next week.

Thanks for the review ;)

regards!

• Mathieu Cossette

Check this out ! 

Here is a message that I sent to you the wrong way oups… 

I was about to install it ;) With my collegue at work !! Let me check for a minute !

And then this one :

It work for me :) I installed LETHE and its dependancies … and after i went to Synaptic to add linux-patch-aufs in my system and then restarted the computer and unfreeze it and tried to enter in my user account and deconnect from it and its ok for me .. !!! And also, the LETHE system worked when freeze or not :)

Have a good day ;) I have to go see a fine girl tonight by the way ;)