The Post on save and Post as shown buttons appears when I do a Copy to new from a saved draft AP transaction.
Steps to reproduce:
- Create a new AP transaction
- Save it, don't leave the form
- Copy to new
- New buttons appears, even this is an unsaved AP transaction
As I work with it, I found that, the following workflow is not forced:
- Create New AP (probably AR) transaction (Only update, save, schedule available)
- Save it - it goes to draft
- Go to Drafts and select transactions - post them
- Transactions go to the book
I found that, after saving a draft, the Post on save and Post as shown appears and it is possible to post the transaction from this screen. The same happens if I do the Copy to new, it is possible to post the transaction without put it to the drafts for revise.
So, if we force to put new transactions into drafts (which is a good idea in general, because the accountant or a second person can control the newly entered transactions) this behavior is likely a bug.
I understand, this "feature" can speed up posting directly to the books, but if a company wants to force their users to follow the previous workflow, this issue breaks that.
My opinion, from the security and control point of view, it is better to turn off direct post to books.
What is your opinion?