Lazarus/FPC Component Conversion Guide

Help
2005-08-12
2013-04-29
  • Interesting project. But it seems that every link to the Lazarus/FPC Component Conversion Guide is not correct. I cannot really find it in the Lazarus Wiki. Does it still exist?

Is the main purpose of this project to convert as many existing Delphi Components to Lazarus as possible? In that case, count me in!

• Sourceforge was not the best place to host a wiki that uses a database (slow and sometimes overloaded). The wiki has recently been moved to wiki.lazarus.freepascal.org, but not all links have been adjusted.

As far as I can see it, this project has three purposes:
      - provide a repository for lazarus components and code snippets
      - coordinate conversion effort
      - entry point for lazarus documentation (maybe a bit outdated since the wiki move).

The project web space for this project also host the on line help at http://lazarus-ccr.sourceforge.net/docs/

• Ah, maybe I should have searched the wiki before asking the questions....found a code conversion guide. Exelent.

How are you planning to coordinate a conversion effort? Is there a list of components that people want converted for example? Todo-list? Or can people simply submit converted components, or submit names of components that run in lazarus without a problem? (Compatibility list)

I only "discovered" lazarus this week, now searching for "everything", seems there are not much forums etc on the net about lazarus comparible to for example delphipages.com.

By the way Vincent, your name sounds awfully dutch, just like mine :))

• peeterminy
    peeterminy
    2012-11-21

The Project is very interesting and some what to compete the task. I am not having complete knowledge regarding this. Could any one please produce some attachment links regarding my request?

QR code tracking system
    free QR code generator