Help
raffe_g
2012-10-29
2013-05-28
  • raffe_g
    raffe_g
    2012-10-29

Moi!

I've been studying the nice examples provided in the package. However, I'd like to use laverca in a web application solution, where the signing process is started from a web browser.

I wonder whether you have guidelines or any advices for this usage option before I start working on this. E.g., should the FiComClient class be still used in this case?, etc.

Regards,
    Rafael

• Asko Saura
    Asko Saura
    2012-10-30

No. We specifically wrote Swing samples to avoid getting dragged into web application problems as part of the original project charter.

This is an obvious area for improving the project: either by providing a working web sample to be used (and refined) as a reference, by providing experiences and general guidelines. E.g. is it good to share EtsiClient/FiComClient instances or pool them or what? There are SSL handshake costs to be avoided. Another question: how well does the ExecutorService model used in FiComClient work in a webapp environment?

• raffe_g
    raffe_g
    2012-10-30

Another question is regarding cancelation of the request by the end-user, e.g., by pressing a Cancel button in a html page. This is the question worrying me at most right now.