Learn how easy it is to sync an existing GitHub or Google Code repo to a SourceForge project! See Demo

Close

[upgrade] Weby

Plugins
jiquera
2007-07-31
2013-05-29
  • jiquera
    jiquera
    2007-07-31

ey all,

i couldn't resist touching the weby plugin:

http://launchy.jiqnet.com/?pgload=downloads#weby

= version 1.1    (31 Jul 2007) =
    -Added proper URLEncoding (you can now use all characters in your URLs)
    -Added an options dialog where you can specify the search commands

if there would be a few changes in the api this plugin could be a whole lot more powerful, i guess we have to wait for that :P

plz report requests/bugs

thx

jiq

• Shawn
      Shawn
      2007-08-05

This is great! I've been using Runny to build custom Web searches, but obviously Weby is the more appropriate plug-in for that function.

Thanks for doing this.

-Shawn

• Amadawn
      Amadawn
      2007-08-06

Jiquera,

I hope that you and Josh are in contact, as your changes are pretty useful and hopefully many could be integrated into the default installation. Also your impressions regarding the API could be very useful for Josh as well. I think that he is redesigning the plugin API for the next Launchy version, and your input could make it better.

Cheers,

Angel

• jiquera
      jiquera
      2007-08-09

The contact with Josh is not as good as i hoped for, at least he allowes me to code what i want :P. Currently he is rewriting the project in QT for cross-platform usability. I'll send a mail to check out the progress soon.

thx for your responses.

jiq

• jiquera
      jiquera
      2007-08-15

I Improved the parameter system of Weby, (must have for the die hard launchy users)

grtz

jiq

• Steve_Dunn
      Steve_Dunn
      2008-01-07

Hi,
      Great tool!  I have one problem.  I have a command named 'NewWikiTop'.  With this I specify a parameter, so if the parameter was MyNewWikiTopic, then the URL it goes to is (note the case) http://my.wiki/newtopic=mynewwikitopic.

Obviously, this is OK for searching etc, but isn't much good for a Wiki page that relies on case-sensitivity.

Cheers,

Steve

• Nico
      Nico
      2009-07-03

Hi,

I have IE as my default browser and i would like to have weby open all web sites and searches in a new IE window, but it uses the last active window. That is really not what I'd like to have.

Is there anything that could be done? Maybe add an option to weby?

Thx, Nico

• Nico
      Nico
      2009-07-03

Problem solved:

There is an option in Tools-Options-Advanced-Reuse Browser Window
      ("Verknüpfungen im gleichen Fenster öffnen" in German)

Thx again for upgrading weby!

• Jack
    Jack
    2009-10-20

Strange, your plugin does not work with my Launchy version (2.2.0). Do I have to do anything else than copying it into the plugins directory?

• Abed Zaben
    Abed Zaben
    2012-09-15

Hey guys, I dunno if it's only me, but everytime i write multi-word query I get only the first argument being searched, eg:
    Google  Testing Weby
    I get a google search for testing only!

P.S: the query URL is like q=%1 in the plugin settings

• KalEl814
    KalEl814
    2012-11-03

Hey guys, I dunno if it's only me, but everytime i write multi-word query I get only the first argument being searched, eg:
    Google  Testing Weby
    I get a google search for testing only!

P.S: the query URL is like q=%1 in the plugin settings

I'm having the same issue; Launchy v 2.5, the default version of Weby included with that install.