UNC pathways

kantill
2008-09-11
2013-05-29
  • kantill
    kantill
    2008-09-11

I can not seem to figure out a way to run a unc pathway. Every time I start to type \\ it locks up launchy. Does anybody know away around this? Otherwise it has been a answer to my prayers and a great product.

• kantill
      kantill
      2008-09-11

Never mind I figured it out by creating custom launch command in the runner. I gave it name o or you can use what you like for the program I set it to c:\windows\explorer and a argument of \\$$.

• a lien
      a lien
      2008-11-17

Hi I have the same issue here.
      And while, yes, I can create a custom launch command in the runner, I would prefer to have a common address-bar base capability intact (in addition to the wonderful functions Launchy offers).

Would anyone please make this happen?
      Thanky you much.

• kfolz
    kfolz
    2012-03-22

Support for UNC still is not complete in 2.5.0… \\server correctly opens explorer but \\server\share and \\server\ does nothing. I understand you can't do auto-complete, as it would be SLOW, but copy-pasting a UNC path and pressing enter does nothing :(
    "network browse mode" is enabled.

can we add full support for unc shares? Ive donated to your cause, love the software!

Trick for others, if you catalog your windows "favourites" (documents and settings\user\favourites) then create a favourite "docs" //server/share/hard/to/find/docs then just Alt+Space docs  works.