Howto prefer 32 Bit JVM?

Help
2010-04-12
2013-06-12
  • Thomas Boerkel
    Thomas Boerkel
    2010-04-12

HI!

I installed 64 Bit JVM first and then 32 Bit JVM. When I double-click a JAR, then it will use the 32 Bit JVM.

But when I start via the .exe, it uses the 64 Bit JVM.

How can I force launch4j to use the latest installed JVM or the 32 Bit JVM (no hardcoding of paths)?

Thanks!

Thomas

• Sven Meier
    Sven Meier
    2010-10-26

My application ships with 32bit native libraries, so I'd be interested in an answer to this question too.

Sven

• Same here…

A third party jar loads a 32-bit DLL (JNI) and this fails if the user has a 64-bit JVM, even if he has a 32-bit one also, and even if a defines JAVA_HOME to point to the 32-bit JVM.

MAT.

• Barry Hansen
    Barry Hansen
    2011-06-09

This would be really helpful for me also.  Anyway to require a 64bit vm?

• Anonymous
    2011-08-03

I need to do the same thing.  Did you modify launch4j?

• rjeffm
    rjeffm
    2011-08-09

I add my vote for this feature… sooner rather than later ;)

• aventin
    aventin
    2012-10-16

So do I
    It would be a really useful when using JNI !

• aventin
    aventin
    2012-10-16

@feneck91 - thanks for the patched version - I'll give it a try in the coming days

• aventin
    aventin
    2012-10-16

Hi feneck91
    This is almost what I want, but I still need some modifications (particularly : being able to select "only 32 bits JREs" or "only 64 bits JREs") … could you publish the modified sources so I can update them to fit my needs ? (it seems that the sources that are provided in your zip file are the original ones)

Thanks

• I have checked the source I give into this zip file. These files are modified one, not the original.
    Check into the src directory (find Feneck91 tag on each modified line).
    email me at Feneck91 on free.fr (not giving my email else robot will get it and I'll receive lot of spam).
    This works for you or not ? Happy to see that it is used by others…