On Ubuntu, can't get output exe to loca...

star fish
2012-06-26
2013-06-12
  • star fish
    star fish
    2012-06-26

Hello,

I am just testing waters with Launch4J. I use linux as development environment. I would like to produce an .exe file for windows platform. I would like to drive the build/release process via ant script, not GUI if possible. Here is the problem I am getting.

I created an ant file target to do job. It produces output exe without any problem. When I fire it, it says exe requires Java 1.6 (or whatever minVersion I provided in my script). However it fails to locate installed JRE and JDK on my machine (JDK is in my environment PATH and JAVA_HOME is defined).

I couldn't figure out why it couldn't locate it through ant script. So, I created a configuration file using launch4j GUI. Within the GUI, I generated wrappers and tested it. It actually fired my application.

However I was puzzled to see that output exe still fails to locate the installed JRE/JDK when I fire it from command line using the configuration file I have just created.

I am sure I am missing something simple and very basic, and this question may look very dumb for seasoned launch4j users. But I would appreciate if you share your wisdom with me.

More about environment I user:
    Ubuntu x86 32 bit.
    Not providing bundled JRE, instead I am rely on existence of JRE on client side.
    Here is my config file.

<launch4jConfig>
      <dontWrapJar>false</dontWrapJar>
      <headerType>gui</headerType>
      <jar>/home/MyProject/release/jar/myApp.jar</jar>
      <outfile>/home/MyProject/release/32bit/linux/myApp.exe</outfile>
      <errTitle></errTitle>
      <cmdLine></cmdLine>
      <chdir></chdir>
      <priority>normal</priority>
      <downloadUrl>http://java.com/download</downloadUrl>
      <supportUrl></supportUrl>