File access denied: different versions of JRE

Help
2007-08-15
2012-09-15
  • Hi,

I'm just starting to explore LaTeXDraw. I recently created a .ldp file on my desktop and am trying to edit it using my laptop but get the following error when I try to open the project:

Check that the version of the Java Runtime Environment you used to create this file is the same of this JRE you currently use

I have just done an OS upgrade on my desktop so I don't know what JRE the file was created with. The laptop is using :
    $ java -version
    java version "1.6.0_02"
    Java(TM) SE Runtime Environment (build 1.6.0_02-b05)
    Java HotSpot(TM) Server VM (build 1.6.0_02-b05, mixed mode)

Any suggestions for how to work around this problem?

Mike

• ARno
      ARno
      2007-09-04

"I also noticed that despite keeping spaces out of my directory, the eps files that the program converts the images to , it is putting them in a "documents and settings /applications data /latexdraw" folder, I changed all the directory settings to the home directory (the one without spaces in its path) but it still keeps the eps files in the document applications data folder."

I have just correct this bug for latexdraw 2.0; now all the .eps pictures will be created according to the "export path".

• ARno
      ARno
      2007-08-18

Hi Mike,
      This is a important issue that will be fixed in latexdraw 2.0:
      The current format of .ldp may depends of the JRE version, so when you change the JRE and you open an old ldp file, you may have an error. The only work around is to use the pstricks format instead of the .ldp. To restore your .ldp, you have to launch latexdraw with your former JRE.
      latexdraw 2.0 will use XML to save data, so this problem (that pisses me off too sometimes) will be fixed.

Sorry for the problem.
      Arno

• Hi Arno,

I was worried this might be the case. I did a complete upgrade so I have no idea what JRE I used to create the file. Is there a way to determine this?

In anycase, thanks for your time and effort on this problem and latexdraw in general. I look forward to working with your program, especially the next release!

Mike

• ARno
      ARno
      2007-08-20

"Is there a way to determine this?"
      No ... :s
      If you are on linux, you can send me your file, I will try to get your drawing.

Arno

• Hi
      I have a problem with LatexDraw installed in windows. I am unable to open a saved project, every file open give me this error "an error has occurred during the loading of the file: java :io: optional data exception"
      While that error doesnt make any sense to me but I noticed that this happens with project that have some inserted image in it.
      I also noticed that despite keeping spaces out of my directory, the eps files that the program converts the images to , it is putting them in a "documents and settings /applications data /latexdraw" folder, I changed all the directory settings to the home directory (the one without spaces in its path) but it still keeps the eps files in the document applications data folder.

I am a relative newbie to this . The JRE version in my machine is 5.0 .
      I am greatly impressed with your program .
      Any input it greatly appreciated
      GK

• ARno
      ARno
      2007-08-28

"I have a problem with LatexDraw installed in windows. I am unable to open a saved project, every file open give me this error "an error has occurred during the loading of the file: java :io: optional data exception""

As I said previously, this problem may come from a change of version of your Java Runtime. It will no more occur in the version 2.0 because the use of XML.
      If it is not the case, try to identify the problem: does the problem occur only with images? Does it happen in every case? Can you give me a scenario the get the bug?

"I also noticed that despite keeping spaces out of my directory, the eps files that the program converts the images to , it is putting them in a "documents and settings /applications data /latexdraw" folder, I changed all the directory settings to the home directory (the one without spaces in its path) but it still keeps the eps files in the document applications data folder."

Indeed that's anoying... I say "do not use space" and eps pictures are created in a directory containing spaces... I will do something to correct that.

• Thanks Arno for your reply.
      After a little more testing, I noticed that the problem I described earlier with "java io:exception" happens only when there are images in the project file. I did not have this problem with the earlier version of LatexDraw. I had installed a new version of JRE and then installed the newer version of LatexDraw.
      Thank you for your help, I am looking forward to the version 2.0
      GK

Anonymous

Cancel   Add attachments