Color-cycling when plotting multiple curves

Help
2006-05-10
2012-11-04
  • Hi,

is it possible to automatic cycle line (or symbol) color when multiple curves are plotted at once ?

Example:

Spreadsheet:

X,Y1,Y2,Y3 ....

Going to right-click/Plot/2D Plot (XY) produces several curves all with solid blue line. It would be much more convenient, if the color is changing for each line.

Regards

Werner

• Stefan Gerlach
      Stefan Gerlach
      2006-05-10

Hi,

You can use the tab "set style" in the graph dialog to set different colors, symbols, etc. after creating multiple graphs.

• I found that too, a few minutes ago :-)

But what's not possible is to change from lines to symbols and vice versa.

Which means, there is no "Get rid of symbols/lines etc." option.

• Stefan Gerlach
          Stefan Gerlach
          2006-05-10

I can add options to
          a) set all line styles to "NOLINE"
          b) set all symbols to "SNONE"

Any other ideas?

• Yes.

Maybe its possible, to change the symbol/line size/width for all curves in one graph simultaniously. I normally use different symbol styles with the same size. Further it would be convenient, if added graphs use the same symbol/line size/width as the existing ones.

Some other issues, not really suiting into the topic:

I do not found a function or shortcut, to arrange all spreadsheets and/or graphs in a grid. For example, if I have nine different sheets, this would lead to a three/three grids with the scaled graphs/spreadsheets. Even more convenient would be, if this could be made for graphs only in additions (minimizing all spreadsheets).

I often have spectras (in particular VIS spectras), where the first column is the wavelength, and the second, third, fourth ... are holding the absorbance data for that wavelength. It is then easy to plot the spectras at once. Then, I choose one wavelength, take the corresponding line with the absorbance data for producing a calibration curve. What I need, is copying the line into a new column. I tried that with copy, then marking the needed column cells in a new spreadsheet and paste the values into it. But even if I mark as much cells as needed (or even more), a message pops up:

The text in the clipboard is larger then your current selection!
            Do you want to adjust it to the current selection?

Using "Yes" do not insert the values in the same direction.

Puh, hope that was not too much for now :-). BTW, I searched for years for a program like labplot in linux, so keep up this good work !

Regards,

Werner

• Stefan Gerlach
              Stefan Gerlach
              2006-05-23

Hi,

I added two functions to arrange all sheets in a tile pattern or only worksheets in 1.6.0.pre1.

I have no problem with copy and paste any cells from one table to another. Just make sure that you select the same number of lines in the second table.
              After that i used "transpose matrix" to make a column of the lines. I think this is what you want.

Regards,
              Stefan