Learn how easy it is to sync an existing GitHub or Google Code repo to a SourceForge project! See Demo

Close

Learning Kyra series on my blog

2005-05-11
2013-06-04
  • As I've mentioned before, I am trying to document as I learn on my blog.  My Learning Kyra series has just reached its 5th entry.  Please check out the series here; http://gbgames.com/blog/index.php?cat=6

Let me know if you see any errors.  I apologize for the first few entries since they betray how little experience I have when it comes to development with other libraries. 

Hopefully the series can be helpful to people learning how to use this library.

• Lee Thomason
      Lee Thomason
      2005-05-14

That is excellent! Thank you very much for posting that. I think its good information for anyone learning a library, just to see where someone else has had success or troubles. Keep up the posts - I look forward to reading more.

One note - GlDynArray has been pulled out of the library. You should use std::vector<> instead.

lee

• main.cpp:273: error: no matching function for call to `KrImageTree::
         CheckSiblingCollision(KrSprite*&, std::vector<KrImage*,
         std::allocator<KrImage*> >*, int)'
      /usr/local/include/Kyra/engine/imagetree.h:150: error: candidates are: bool
         KrImageTree::CheckSiblingCollision(KrImNode*, GlDynArray<KrImage*>*, int)

So I guess I have to continue to use GlDynArray then. 

• Lee Thomason
      Lee Thomason
      2005-06-09

The std::vector switch is in the beta, and GlDynArray has been completely removed. If you are on the main release, it still uses GlDynArray. I was advising that in your code, that doesn't interface with Kyra, you should avoid GlDynArray.

lee